Ooltewah Coach fired

BlackMetallic

A school down the road has an opening next year, one that still has a shot at state this year...would be interesting to see them bring her on board... She is somewhat a victim of the dilution of talent with that same school robbing Ooltewah of some of their talent base.

I am from that school down the road..... I also have known Norma for 28 years we graduated togather from UTC. I think the world of her. She is a better person then a coach and she a darn good coach. If East Ham would hire her, it would be the dealth nail for Ooltewah softball. I have posted on the football side about the adminstration at Ooltewah I will not re hash it here. If and I mean if a football coach gets this job and the supplement the proof is in the pudding and it will be Bean pudding. Yes I do have a child at East Ham, and yes I had an older child go to Ootewah so I have some tie to the Owls and pull for them unless they are playing us..... As an old Owl dad this one hurts because I know Norma.

I am from that school down the road..... I also have known Norma for 28 years we graduated togather from UTC. I think the world of her. She is a better person then a coach and she a darn good coach. If East Ham would hire her, it would be the dealth nail for Ooltewah softball. I have posted on the football side about the adminstration at Ooltewah I will not re hash it here. If and I mean if a football coach gets this job and the supplement the proof is in the pudding and it will be Bean pudding. Yes I do have a child at East Ham, and yes I had an older child go to Ootewah so I have some tie to the Owls and pull for them unless they are playing us..... As an old Owl dad this one hurts because I know Norma.

Had a few e-mails...... Seems a few summer softball dads, were not happy with the program and did some barking. This might have had an impact. Dads can get in the way some time They mean well and try real hard, and could understand the barking if the school was down and not winning. But sorry to say follow the money, its not about the money its about how much.... Lot of summer softball dads pump money into the program. But still can't wait to see who gets the job that will tell a lot of the modevation behind this.

This is a big fix in Hooterville! Here is how its going down....... Bean style! Pricipal (Bean) can appoint who ever he wants internally. This whole move has nothing to do with softball at all, its all about the football program. Nelson let go as softball coach, Massey freshmen football coach (supplement) moves from freshman football coach to softball coach no loss of money. In comes Benny Monroe as new freshman coach, and asst to the varsity. This whole move was done to make way for Benny to return, to rebuild the football program. This is all within the principals rights sad thing is Coach Nelson is the one who pays for it, with her pride and love and a supplment. Look for her to be wearing green and black next year.

Chattacane has been 100% correct so far.

Massey announcement came down today.

Also announced a hiring for a girl that hasn't graduated college yet.

Bean says there are no open posistions that he can hire a new coach into but hires a girl that hasn't even graduated college yet.

25 years of sotball experience vs ZERO Experience.

I can hear it now. "Why is that girl running up in the box tryng to hit"?

• 1 month later...

Coach Nelson has been hired at East Hamilton but will strangely continue to teach at Ooltewah....should be interesting....East Ham moves up to 5 AAA next year but it is certainly a different landscape than previous years.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2013/7/1/254292/Nelson-Succeeds-Stiles-As-East-Hamilton.aspx

Edited by BlackMetallic