AA State Tourney

AAsoftballguru

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am shocked by Greenbrier they hit a slump at the wrong time, but I know some people over there and they will be back and more talented next year. Now can Goodpasture get it done? They have played well this tourney not giving up the big plays and playing mostly error free ball. The fact they have been here before and beat unicoi and lexington gives them the upper hand now. I thought Gibbs would be the ones they would have to play and possibly put them in the losers bracket, but looks like Chester Co had something to say about that. So my prediction is still a team from 9AA for state champs!

Wild game between Unicoi and East Hamilton with Unicoi tying with a two run homer top of 7th then loading the bases top of 8 only to score no runs. EH then loaded the bases in the bottom and won on a squeeze...

Of course they win on a squeeze. Did you see where the Gibbs first baseman was playing the whole tourney atleast 5 feet behind the bag. Not a normal approach for a first baseman in softball. That's exactly how GP got it done also. Gibbs is a great program not sure if that is how the coach tells her to play first or if she does it on her own, but she will never cover a bunt down first from there on good teams.

A serious rivalry game between Chester Co and Lexington to go face GP for the championship...that game this morning should be entertaining as both teams hit really well. Unicoi also had a good team. I don't know Greenbrier's history but they looked a little timid this year...like EH last year when they made their first appearance in Boro. It makes a difference having been there before.

Well my prediction of the next state champ could possibly happen at 2:30 today, but let me say this, all the teams were very evenly matched this year. No dominant team, anyone could of done it, but I went with the team that has been in this situation before. I do know that the morning game is going to be a war, and there is no love loss between Chester Co and Lexington. I just hope the parents don't ruin this experience for the girls. To be one of the three teams left in the State is a huge accomplishment for any team. What an exciting season I hate to see it end, but I am sure I will see most of these girls this summer playing ball to get better.

Well my prediction of the next state champ could possibly happen at 2:30 today, but let me say this, all the teams were very evenly matched this year. No dominant team, anyone could of done it, but I went with the team that has been in this situation before. I do know that the morning game is going to be a war, and there is no love loss between Chester Co and Lexington. I just hope the parents don't ruin this experience for the girls. To be one of the three teams left in the State is a huge accomplishment for any team. What an exciting season I hate to see it end, but I am sure I will see most of these girls this summer playing ball to get better.

This has definitely been the most "competitive" tournament thus far. All of the teams are solid and whichever teams makes plays and gets the right bounces has won. Several teams have had the chance to knock out Goodpasture, but they keep fighting for 7innings. They never panic, even when they are down. The last 2 Goodpasture games have really been a testament to how they have just willed themselves to come back.

Chester County and Lexington aren't slouches either..........I just think to win 3 games in one day out of the losers bracket is going to be close to impossible to defeat GP twice.