AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

Are they playing Bradley this year?

If you're asking if McMinn Central plays Bradley, no. We haven't played Bradley in a few years. Not sure why. They were always great games. Bradley is unreal this year and about the only school from the East that might challenge Riverdale or Blackman in AAA. That would be a great home and home for M Central. I'd love to see how we would pair against them. We won by 3 and 30 against them in 2010/2011 and lost both against them by 6 and 12 in 2011/2012. That's the last time we played them. I saw both of those games. Very good competitive, learning games that year. 

McMinn Central's bigger games this year are:

2 against:

Alcoa

Meigs 

Knox Webb

Sequoyah

McMinn County

1 against:

CAK 

Grainger

This is not including Christmas tournament games and any that are added later. Also, those are based on recent success.

can Macon beat LA or JC? I think they have made the state finals 2 straight years. I know last year they blew a 9 point lead and wa so so close to a state title.

Macon County is going to struggle in 8-AA this year. I know they are young, maybe they will improve. I was not impressed tonight though.

Macon County is going to struggle in 8-AA this year. I know they are young, maybe they will improve. I was not impressed tonight though.

nor was anybody else impressed with macon they laid an egg bad.although I do feel like macon has played the class aaa champs and the class aa champs for this basketball season and im not sure Jackson couldn't beat riverdale.congrats and good luck the rest of the way.maybe macon will get it together.

If SH is playing in the Farragut tourney it's possible they could play Grainger, but right now no.

Also, I'm fairly sure that Coach Combs understands that he's limited with district competition, so they beefed up the schedule. There's not going to be a 32-0 streak this season more than likely, but this schedule gives them something more: a chance to see how they stand week in and week out with the best programs on the eastern end of the state.

Grainger lost a hard fought game to Bearden by 3. Turned the ball over too much forcing it to Hodge. Missed two in and out threes at the buzzer. Didn't shoot well in the second half 5 for 20. Not bad against a AAA projected state tournament team.

I'm not knocking Grainger, but I don't consider Bearden to be a great AAA team even though they did make it to state last year.  Still, just losing to by 3 to a solid AAA team isn't a bad thing for Grainger.  Playing a tougher schedule - even if they lose a few games - will make your ladies be better prepared for postseason play....and it appears your coach has beefed-up the schedule.  Will the Grainger ladies be playing in the Christmas Sonic Shootout at White County this year?

No Grainger will not make the trip to White County this year. They are playing in the Landair Tournament in Greeneville.

Grainger is not in the Sonic shootout this year. They're playing in the LandAir Ladies Classic in Greeneville.

Thanks guys!  I was looking forward to seeing Grainger play at the Shootout.  It was good to see your former coach back helping the new one last year!. 

Not sure about WB, but saw Fulton this summer and they looked really good, especially the 2 freshman KeKe and Quay.

Watched both games yesterday. Both teams were solid. Fulton is VERY talented. That #2 freshman is going places. She's unbelievable. Lost by 6 to WB and 10 to Fulton. That being said, Central isn't playing their best ball right now. Having to adjust a lot to new players on the court. They are very far away from where they could be. The talent is there in droves. Historically, Central starts off rusty and improves more and more as the season progresses. I expect the same this year. They're only halfway through a gauntlet to start the season. Still have Meigs, CAK, and Webb in the next 2 weeks.

Might be a tough year for MC this year. After watching the JC game its hard to say where the bulk of the scoring is going to come from, but man, what a team JC has this year. Best high school girls team I've seen. MC may just be a year or two from being where they need to be. They will be a tough outing for anyone though.