Top 23 Games for Week 0: MUS at Brentwood Academy

CoachT

CoachT has chosen 23 Week 0 games, using last year's season records, to use for our initial 2013 Big Ones Contest. Each week or so throughout the summer I will add another 3 games to the list in order to give us plenty of time to discuss each round of games. A few other games may be added later.

Each week you can check out last year's schedules and results for the teams listed by going to their 2012 schedules.

MUS at Brentwood Academy

After following the discussion on our message boards and making your decision you can make your picks in our Big Ones Contest

• 4 weeks later...

This game will be an excellent way for both teams to open the season. The Eagles took a three-touchdown lead over MUS early in the state semifinals, only to see that advantage evaporate after an Owl onslaught. MUS won on a late field goal and dashed the Eagles' championship hopes. While both teams have lost their quarterbacks, they return talented rosters full of guys who will be amped up for this one.

It's far too early to make a prediction, but I will forecast an intense, close game.

This game will be an excellent way for both teams to open the season. The Eagles took a three-touchdown lead over MUS early in the state semifinals, only to see that advantage evaporate after an Owl onslaught. MUS won on a late field goal and dashed the Eagles' championship hopes. While both teams have lost their quarterbacks, they return talented rosters full of guys who will be amped up for this one.

It's far too early to make a prediction, but I will forecast an intense, close game.

Agree 100%. This is definitely the game of the week in the midstate for Week Zero (with CBHS at MBA a close second). MUS showed up at Ensworth for Week Zero last year loaded for bear; they were in excellent game shape and ready to roll. Good luck to both teams - it should be a doozy!!!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've watched lots of film of each of these teams in the past few weeks. MUS has a brilliant spread attack that, at times, reminds one of Oregon. If the Owls' new quarterback can get acclimated to being at the helm, they'll be very dangerous. What stood out most to me about MUS was the quickness and ferocity of the linebackers. It's a smart group that knows how to get after it.

BA will be strong this year. As always, the skill positions are stocked. There are several talented returning starters, but the key will be the Eagles' ability to integrate the first-year starters into their scheme. Staver, Ramsey and Wade would be tough for any team to replace.

I look forward to seeing these teams battle under the Vanderbilt Stadium lights. The winner will gain lots of momentum and the loser lots of wisdom.

I am in Memphis on business and ran around the track yesterday during mus football practice ... Advantage BA...

??? Care to elaborate a bit?

I am astonished that you, an "out-of-town businessman," were allowed to run around the MUS track during their practice.  Did BA afford you the same opportunity to watch them?  If so, you must be some football celebrity.

Edited by owlbooster

Actually I wore my MUS clothing while I ran around the track ...

Should be a good game. You coming ?

I am astonished that you, an "out-of-town businessman," were allowed to run around the MUS track during their practice. Did BA afford you the same opportunity to watch them? If so, you must be some football celebrity.

I am astonished that you, an "out-of-town businessman," were allowed to run around the MUS track during their practice.  Did BA afford you the same opportunity to watch them?  If so, you must be some football celebrity.

Tell them you're a sportswriter...just don't tell them all you write for is CoachT.