Hillwood Coaching Vacancy

come on coach you are going to have to name more than one school to prove your point

Casual observer... Not coach.. But eventually you will run into teams that are either just as talented or more talented then you are. That's when coaching wins or loses ball games.

Casual observer... Not coach.. But eventually you will run into teams that are either just as talented or more talented then you are. That's when coaching wins or loses ball games.

Not anymore, used to be though. This is the only time that coaching really makes a difference. I remember an old saying " I have seen good coaches win with talent,I have seen bad coaches win with talent,but never have I seen good coaches win with no talent". If it were not the talent why would colleges and even some high schools recruit for best players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last good Hillwood team I saw was the one with Joey Runion and John Barbero in 1973....The Toppers are in a no win situation as long as their enrollment stays at current levels.....It`s really sad to see that school falling apart in such a nice part of Nashville. It sits right next to a beautiful country club and across the street from a subdivision with high end real estate, yet it looks like it did 40 years ago....a microcosm of urban public education.