IMAC Conference

fsutandem

From what I have herd Sevier co.is loaded with speed and should be favored in the imac.they also have Bearden ,DB,and Maryville for non conference games. Also herd that Jefferson County has a chance to make some noise big junior class coming up.Morristown West is always tough but they lost their stud running back to Bearden so I do not how that will affect them.

Sevier County [10-2 (7-0) last year] always one of the top 6A teams in the area, and that will be no different this year.

Morristown West [8-4 (5-2) last year] they do lose Malachi Horton, but their QB and a few young running backs came on late last year and they will have a much improved passing game so it shouldn't hurt too much, They've also got a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Jefferson County [8-3 (5-2) last year] is talented but one dimensional on offense and lost some key defenders. The Jeff Co.- Mo. West matchup will probably decide 2nd Place in the conference again.

South Doyle [7-4 (4-3) last year] had a huge turnaround season last year but was senior heavy so they will be a big question mark coming into the season.

Cherokee [6-5 (4-3) last year] loses most of their main contributors, including their best player in school history. They're never an easy out but this looks to be a rebuilding year.

Seymour [4-6 (1-6) last year] was young last year, look for them to improve and maybe even make it back to the 5A playoffs.

Cocke County [3-7 (1-6) last year] just doesn't have the numbers to be competitive, I think they're headed back to the cellar this year.

Morristown East [1-9 (1-6) last year] this year will be better simply because it can't get much worse than the season they had last year. I see them winning more games, but making the 6A playoffs would take a small miracle

Edited by motownanddown

• 5 weeks later...

Sevier County [10-2 (7-0) last year] always one of the top 6A teams in the area, and that will be no different this year.

Morristown West [8-4 (5-2) last year] they do lose Malachi Horton, but their QB and a few young running backs came on late last year and they will have a much improved passing game so it shouldn't hurt too much, They've also got a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Jefferson County [8-3 (5-2) last year] is talented but one dimensional on offense and lost some key defenders. The Jeff Co.- Mo. West matchup will probably decide 2nd Place in the conference again.

South Doyle [7-4 (4-3) last year] had a huge turnaround season last year but was senior heavy so they will be a big question mark coming into the season.

Cherokee [6-5 (4-3) last year] loses most of their main contributors, including their best player in school history. They're never an easy out but this looks to be a rebuilding year.

Seymour [4-6 (1-6) last year] was young last year, look for them to improve and maybe even make it back to the 5A playoffs.

Cocke County [3-7 (1-6) last year] just doesn't have the numbers to be competitive, I think they're headed back to the cellar this year.

Morristown East [1-9 (1-6) last year] this year will be better simply because it can't get much worse than the season they had last year. I see them winning more games, but making the 6A playoffs would take a small miracle

Good breakdown. I hope Jeff Co can challenge Sevier for top spot