District 10A - 2013

Shep

HC is definitely not a below average team. They've seemed to get healthy and get #3 moving once again just in time. The swagger for them is back. NC just keeps rolling, they've really surprised me this year they're gonna be hard to knock off. Goodluck to the rest of 10A this next week, it's getting good.

Is HC an average team masquerading as a below average team? 2-4 record. Not to be harsh, but let's deal in reality here. IF they make the playoffs in 2A it will be one and done. I think Jo Byrns will surprise a few teams in the playoffs.

HC is definitely not a below average team. They've seemed to get healthy and get #3 moving once again just in time. The swagger for them is back. NC just keeps rolling, they've really surprised me this year they're gonna be hard to knock off. Goodluck to the rest of 10A this next week, it's getting good.

Perhaps the most interesting thing about NCS' rolling (as evidenced last night) is the new guys that just became eligible the last few weeks.  #8 has completely changed the physicality of the D.  The multiple offensive weapons are going to be very hard for most defenses to stop (look at last night's stats to see how the ball was spread around).  #34 only carried the ball 7 times last night.  #9 will stretch the secondary and we haven't seen it yet, but can you imagine #8 (TE) running downhill at you after catching a pass across the middle?

The one thing that continues to concern me is the penalties.  The number of TDs we've had called back this year is staggering and last night was pretty bad again (8 penalties for 70 yards).

The one thing that continues to concern me is the penalties.  The number of TDs we've had called back this year is staggering and last night was pretty bad again (8 penalties for 70 yards).

I bet NCS has had close to 10 TD's called back due to penalties. That's excluding at least 100 plus yards of rushing  against Jo Byrns negated by the home grown officiating in the infamous 3rd Quarter. Just absolutely hate it for freshman Mickey Martin whose had a 50 plus yard INT return and a 64 yard punt return negated.

I love #9's intensity. Although he's gotten a few flags he brings it every play!

logo.jpg

r.

Edited by ArtVandelayTN

Shep / Moto,

Did CA's Rugen (#15) play QB against you guys?  Or was he in the backfield?  Heard that they had moved him to allow an underclassman to play QB.  He can't possibly be as dangerous when he's not running the option.

He played RB. I may be in the minority here but I like the move to RB. I thought the CA QB did an excellent job of running the read option. With #15 at QB I really don't see a need to stay too honest on the option. If CA had another RB then yes he should be the QB but I didn't see anybody else that I'd play there. It's my understanding that CA couldn't get a few players over the summer...had they gotten them they'd be pretty tough to handle. They're just a few players away from being really good.

He played RB. I may be in the minority here but I like the move to RB. I thought the CA QB did an excellent job of running the read option. With #15 at QB I really don't see a need to stay too honest on the option. If CA had another RB then yes he should be the QB but I didn't see anybody else that I'd play there. It's my understanding that CA couldn't get a few players over the summer...had they gotten them they'd be pretty tough to handle. They're just a few players away from being really good.

That makes sense - I completely respect your opinion.  I'm assuming they will be really fired up when we come to town on Nov. 1 

Is HC an average team masquerading as a below average team? 2-4 record. Not to be harsh, but let's deal in reality here. IF they make the playoffs in 2A it will be one and done. I think Jo Byrns will surprise a few teams in the playoffs.

I believe right NOW they are mediocre or above the average 2A team. When they have their play makers healthy they can compete. If they keep this rolling and win out, to go to the playoffs? Time only tells.

Edited by FearedEagle

• 2 weeks later...

Houston Co had two starters quit this week for some unknown reason. I guess they just weren't tough enough or didn't love the game. But why in the heck do we not have the best 11 players on the field at all times. Our offensive line for 2 weeks in a row has suffered. I have stood on the fence and watched better blockers stand on the sideline. Just wondering.