Best Coach in DII

mustachiomenace

Ricky has had success at football schools, MBA,BA and EHS. Put him on the sideline at Ryan or JP2, that would reveal if he is the best.

EHS was not a football school prior to Bowers. Prior to the addition of the high school, Ensworth sent a lot of boys to MBA; in my day, few of them contributed anything to the football team.

It's been a long time since I've been on this site, and a lot has changed. 

MBA was dominating on the field and in the classroom.  Folks seemed to have a hard time understanding how MBA was able to handle BA more times than not even though BA was almost always the more physically dominant team.  MBA was able to compete with BA because of MBA's greater preparation, execution, attention to detail, and its ability to adjust.

For those of you asking why I bring this up, I think it is somehwat similar to where we find ourselves in 2013 with a new powerhouse firmly in charge.  The main difference is that Ensworth looks and performs like a combination of MBA, BA, and MUS from a few years ago.  Ensworth physically looks as dominant as BA always did back in the day, but the real scary part is that they play as fundamentally sound and with as much heart and character as the old MBA and MUS teams did.  MBA looks bigger and stronger than it used to, but they don't play like the MBA teams of a few years ago.  I think BA has continued down its path of putting great athletes on the field and always has the potential to win it all.  As we all know, potential is... , well, potential; could have should have, would have...  I'd say that MUS has continued to play its brand of ball better than MBA and BA have; MUS is still a really fun team to watch play.  Like MBA used to do, MUS continues to do more with less than most of the other schools in the state.  That is not a knock at all on MUS; because, I know they have had their share of great athletes.  I simply love seeing a tiny little NG and MLB dominate the middle against guys twice their size. 

That said, it's hard to find flaws with a physically dominant and fundamentally sound team that plays with heart, character, and great knowledge of the game; the Ensworth teams are the most complete teams that I've seen since MBA's dominance a decade or so ago.  Ensworth is operating at a different level right now; it could change this year, but the early returns do not suggest that will be the case.

I'll say one thing for sure: thanks to Maryville, MBA, BA, MUS, Riverdale, a few others, and of course Ensworth, the level of ball in the state of Tennessee is at an all time high.

Regarding the classroom, I'll tend to hold MBA, McCallie, and maybe MUS at a higher level, but Ensworth is not far off as witnessed by where its students and athletes choose to go to college. 

Roll Red Roll