Oak Ridge @ Farragut

Space3

Also, when we work out some things on the defensive side of the ball and a few other things we are going to be very good come October November. I wouldn't wanna play us then if i was an opposing team. We still are going to be a good team. Just sucks to lose to Farragut again. Hopefully next year we will already have a game under our belts too when we play. Hate to make excuses and not taking anything away from Farragut, because they earned the win tonight, but it doesn't help us in the least bit.

Wow.... That's a mouthful. You're right about the snaps, but I'm sure he will get better, performed very well in the past and just needs to get comfortable at game speeds again.

I'm glad someone thinks the QB situation is settled, I don't. Not going to second guess the coaching staff, they make their living doing this (very well I might add)

We just got off to a slow start as we all were afraid of. I'm not sure about the criticism of the defense, after the 1st quarter, they held them to 10 points, and the offense gave them 7 of the 21 from quarter 1.  Of course we would all like to see every play get stuffed at the line, but they did bend some, then got turn overs.

We will be just fine, I'm darn proud of them for fighting back instead of folding up.

Also felt good to get the Joe Gaddis Era II started off right. I'm sure as a former Farragut assistant coach he really wanted this one. Maybe next year Joe.

Congratulation. Enjoy the win. Nobody in Oak Ridge really expected us to win this game. I never was very confident we would. Both middle LB's are sophomores. One of the outside backers is a soph, one at the DE position. And all the rest besides 1 of our CB's and S hadn't ever played a snap of varsity football. Played not 1, but 3 QB's during the game. No RB with any varsity experience, except for Rowe, which had about 2 carries last year in a varsity game. Most everyone else, but 2 linemen on the OL and 1 WR had never played a game. To only lose 31-24 and to even have a chance to win it @ Farragut AFTER you guys had already played a game then i think that speaks very well of our future. Like i said, congrats, great job. Still excited about the future of our program. We could've given up and laid down tonight, but in true OR fashion we buckled down and kept it tight.

Edited by SweetScience

Maybe it's just me .but instead of changing a helmet logo and changing the uniforms-and shaking hands and kissing babies-with the community ...maybe we can be focused on the fundamentals of football .. But what do i know I'm a just a traditionalist.

I agree. Gaddis speaking to the Rotary Club and speaking at the pep rally last Saturday cost us the game tonight. He should've pulled his players out of their noon classes and practiced them instead of going to Rotary and he should've called a Saturday night practice last week instead of attending the pep rally for the team.