Oak Ridge @ Farragut

Space3

I'm about to start agreeing with SS.  I don't like playing this game with Farragut already having one under their belt.  Too much of an advantage for them.   Farragut pretty much manhandled us all night and we still had a chance to tie in regulation, go figure.  Great comeback at the end, but you have to get the stop a little earlier to get some time to work.  Farragut should have a much better season, we should get much better as we get more comfortable with the new system.

Henderson did a great job with not much time to work. Defense worries me, we have to get much tougher against the run to beat some of the teams we have coming up.  i feel confident against Clinton next week, we should grow a lot from this game.

I'm about to start agreeing with SS.  I don't like playing this game with Farragut already having one under their belt.  Too much of an advantage for them.   Farragut pretty much manhandled us all night and we still had a chance to tie in regulation, go figure.  Great comeback at the end, but you have to get the stop a little earlier to get some time to work.  Farragut should have a much better season, we should get much better as we get more comfortable with the new system.

Henderson did a great job with not much time to work. Defense worries me, we have to get much tougher against the run to beat some of the teams we have coming up.  i feel confident against Clinton next week, we should grow a lot from this game.

Neil, i have been saying that forever. Honestly, as bad as we played in the 1st half (which was god awful, mind you) we still should've and could've won this game. But if ifs and butts were candy and nuts yada yada yada. Thankfully from what i hear we are going to play week 0 from now on. Congratulations to Farragut on the win, they flat whipped us up front most of the night. This is one of the first years i have ever come into a season not knowing what to expect. We looked flat SHELLSHOCKED the 1st half. A lot of kids were playing their first varsity playing time ever. I have a few points to make. 1. Jaylin Henderson is gonna be a STUD @ the QB position. I knew he would be the one to finally get the nod. Actually, i have been saying for awhile now that he is the most talented by far and away then the other guys, no slight to them they do the best they can. But, Jaylin should be the one to shoulder the load the rest of the year, he proved that tonight, Honestly thought he could've played even better then he did. Had tons of room to run a few times, but chose to throw it. Who knows why....

2nd Point. Our Center needs to learn how to snap the ball properly. I have been watching him since fall practice started @ practice and in the scrimmages doing the same thing he did tonight. Please learn how to snap the ball. It pretty much cost us the game tonight. If we don't hand them that 7, we at least are tied. 3rd point. We really need to reconsider who we have playing on defense. No slight to some of the guys out there, but their is just ZERO speed out there and we have plenty of athletes watching them from the sidelines who need to be out there. Maybe the ones who aren't playing just haven't learned the defense or whatever the problem may be, but i'm sorry it can't get much worse then it did tonight. Lack of speed on the defensive side of the ball will be our undoing. and really their is no excuse for it because their are a lot of kids with a lot of talent watching them play from the sidelines. I do give them credit, though. They bowed up in the 2nd half and did a much better job, but it still wont get the job done against real good teams. This coaching staff and i'm not saying i know everything, but they really need to reconsider what's going on on the defensive side of the ball in terms of personnel. Ok, i'll stop whining now. Congrats Farragut, but to be honest i think if we played you guys again we would win. Unfortunately we wont get that chance and yes the 1 game under their belts and us not having one is definitely a negative for us. They had worked out their kinks already, while we had to work ours out tonight and give them a few freebies in the process. Btw, that game would've been a lot different if we take it in from the 1 yd line early in the game. Instead we couldn't even get 1 freakin' yard. That was pathetic, and changed all the momentum that we could've had if we went in for 6 there. I'm done.

Also, when we work out some things on the defensive side of the ball and a few other things we are going to be very good come October November. I wouldn't wanna play us then if i was an opposing team. We still are going to be a good team. Just sucks to lose to Farragut again. Hopefully next year we will already have a game under our belts too when we play. Hate to make excuses and not taking anything away from Farragut, because they earned the win tonight, but it doesn't help us in the least bit.

Neil, i have been saying that forever. Honestly, as bad as we played in the 1st half (which was god awful, mind you) we still should've and could've won this game. But if ifs and butts were candy and nuts yada yada yada. Thankfully from what i hear we are going to play week 0 from now on. Congratulations to Farragut on the win, they flat whipped us up front most of the night. This is one of the first years i have ever come into a season not knowing what to expect. We looked flat SHELLSHOCKED the 1st half. A lot of kids were playing their first varsity playing time ever. I have a few points to make. 1. Jaylin Henderson is gonna be a STUD @ the QB position. I knew he would be the one to finally get the nod. Actually, i have been saying for awhile now that he is the most talented by far and away then the other guys, no slight to them they do the best they can. But, Jaylin should be the one to shoulder the load the rest of the year, he proved that tonight, Honestly thought he could've played even better then he did. Had tons of room to run a few times, but chose to throw it. Who knows why....

2nd Point. Our Center needs to learn how to snap the ball properly. I have been watching him since fall practice started @ practice and in the scrimmages doing the same thing he did tonight. Please learn how to snap the ball. It pretty much cost us the game tonight. If we don't hand them that 7, we at least are tied. 3rd point. We really need to reconsider who we have playing on defense. No slight to some of the guys out there, but their is just ZERO speed out there and we have plenty of athletes watching them from the sidelines who need to be out there. Maybe the ones who aren't playing just haven't learned the defense or whatever the problem may be, but i'm sorry it can't get much worse then it did tonight. Lack of speed on the defensive side of the ball will be our undoing. and really their is no excuse for it because their are a lot of kids with a lot of talent watching them play from the sidelines. I do give them credit, though. They bowed up in the 2nd half and did a much better job, but it still wont get the job done against real good teams. This coaching staff and i'm not saying i know everything, but they really need to reconsider what's going on on the defensive side of the ball in terms of personnel. Ok, i'll stop whining now. Congrats Farragut, but to be honest i think if we played you guys again we would win. Unfortunately we wont get that chance and yes the 1 game under their belts and us not having one is definitely a negative for us. They had worked out their kinks already, while we had to work ours out tonight and give them a few freebies in the process. Btw, that game would've been a lot different if we take it in from the 1 yd line early in the game. Instead we couldn't even get 1 freakin' yard. That was pathetic, and changed all the momentum that we could've had if we went in for 6 there. I'm done.

Not much to argue there.  However, I am not going to be too hard on them after the 1st game.  Jaylin pretty much solidified his starting position tonight. Yea, center snap needs help, but that is fixable. (I hope.)  The defense does have me worried as I said before.  Our inside backers need to be much more physical in their play.  The defense is not working when our safeties are making the majority of the tackles.  

That said, the Wildcats will give us a lot to cheer about this season.  I see us getting much better as the season goes on.  They just need to work hard every week.

Not much to argue there.  However, I am not going to be too hard on them after the 1st game.  Jaylin pretty much solidified his starting position tonight. Yea, center snap needs help, but that is fixable. (I hope.)  The defense does have me worried as I said before.  Our inside backers need to be much more physical in their play.  The defense is not working when our safeties are making the majority of the tackles.  

That said, the Wildcats will give us a lot to cheer about this season.  I see us getting much better as the season goes on.  They just need to work hard every week.

Agreed. I still think we need to put some speedier guys out there on D though and they are available. Like i said, i do give the D credit though they really turned it up in the 2nd half, especially near the end, so that was great on their part. They still had too much room to run tonight, though. The cutback lanes were working all night, which means we were overpursuing a lot tonight. Great comeback, though. If we played like we did in the 2nd half we would be cheering each other with a few beers in hand, but it wasn't meant to be. Credit goes out to the Admirals.

Was really surprised how unorganized OR looked in the first half. They struggled to line up correctly on both sides of the ball. Farragut showed a new 2 TE set that they haven't run in a couple of years, which accounts for the defensive issues for OR. Offensively it looked bad. They did settle down well in the second half and played much better.

Farragut played well without their starting RB and starting DE. Was glad to see Soph RB Tanner Thomas (#1) get a chance to show what he could do getting starting carries.