Chattanooga volleyball

vbinsider44

Team camps got off big last week and this week teams are getting ready for the Choo-Choo Playday. Going from club ball to high school ball is so different. This is a wild stab at what I think Chattanooga play will look like.

1. Ooltewah looked very strong in camp and has a lot of club players.

2. Baylor has a really good setter and is returning a good outside hitter with some young talent.

3. A toss up between: Red Bank, Walker Valley, GPS, Soddy-Daisy, Boyd, East Hamilton, and CCS.

Ooltewah seems to have a strong core of girls and a great middle hitter. East Hamilton lost a great outside to nashville school. We have a lot of new coaches and I think a team that might be a black horse this year could be CCS. Good luck to all.

Team camps got off big last week and this week teams are getting ready for the Choo-Choo Playday. Going from club ball to high school ball is so different. This is a wild stab at what I think Chattanooga play will look like.

1. Ooltewah looked very strong in camp and has a lot of club players.

2. Baylor has a really good setter and is returning a good outside hitter with some young talent.

3. A toss up between: Red Bank, Walker Valley, GPS, Soddy-Daisy, Boyd, East Hamilton, and CCS.

Ooltewah seems to have a strong core of girls and a great middle hitter. East Hamilton lost a great outside to nashville school. We have a lot of new coaches and I think a team that might be a black horse this year could be CCS. Good luck to all.

I would throw Bradley in there. If they can improve on their passing then they have some hitters.

As far as that list goes, Walker Valley beat Red Bank and split with East Hamilton this past weekend. It's still very early with some teams not complete in line ups yet.

Walker Valley, GPS, Baylor, East Ridge, Notre Dame, Signal and East Hamilton will be playing this coming weekend at the GPS playday.

After the choo choo playday and seeing vb at Hixson and hearing about the playday at GPS,  I think that Baylor and GPS are both down from last year more than I figured they would be.  Soddy and Walker Valley both looked scrappy and had some all-around good players.  E Hamilton look better than expected and Red Bank seemed down as well.  Monday will be the big day for most of our schools to start play.  Good luck to all.  This past Sunday the Chattanooga paper didn't do a good job writing about local volleyball players and teams to watch.  North Georgia team Sonoville was picked top school and the list of players were from North Georgia and the one Tennessee player Keri Whitaker (I think Played at Silverdale) that was listed moved to Huntsville this summer.  The North Georgia teams have improved in the last few years, but last year all the Tennessee teams hammered them.  They only won 1 game in the Tandom last year.  Maybe they have really improved???   Have fun

Yes Walker Valley beat Bradley 3 -1. Both teams without their outside hitters, Brooke Copeland & Baylee Boen. Actually both play all the way around. It was a good match. Can't wait to see them play again when both teams are healthy.

Walker Valley also beat Soddy, Bradley beat East Hamilton, Cleveland beat Rhea and McMinn (not saying much). I dont know any other scores from this week.

27th Choo Choo Classic

Friday at East Ridge

4--East Ridge vs. Cleveland, East Hamilton vs. Notre Dame, Central vs. Grace Christian, Bradley Central vs. Hixson; 5--Cleveland vs. Silverdale Baptist Academy, Blessed Trinity vs. Grace Academy, Grace Christian vs. Ooltewah, Father Ryan vs. Sale Creek; 6--East Ridge vs. Silverdale, East Hamilton vs. Grace Academy, Central vs. Sullivan South, Bradley Central vs. Father Ryan; 7--Hixson vs. Sale Creek, Grace Academy vs. Notre Dame, Blessed Trinity vs. East Hamilton, Ooltewah vs. Sullivan South; 8--Bradley Central vs. Sale Creek, Central vs. Ooltewah, Blessed Trinity vs. Notre Dame, Grace Christian vs. Sullivan South; 9--Hixson vs. Father Ryan.

Friday at Red Bank

4--Red Bank vs. Warren County, Signal Mountain vs. Soddy-Daisy, Baylor vs. Walker Valley, Boyd-Buchanan vs. Chattanooga Christian; 5--Knoxville Catholic vs. Sullivan East, Coffee County vs. Science Hill, Livingston Academy vs. Walker Valley, Farragut vs. GPS; 6--Baylor vs. Elizabethton, Boyd-Buchanan vs. Farragut, Red Bank vs. Sullivan East, Science Hill vs. Soddy-Daisy; 7--Baylor vs. Livingston Academy, Chattanooga Christian vs. GPS, Knoxville Catholic vs. Warren County, Coffee County vs. Signal Mountain; 8--Red Bank vs. Knoxville Catholic, Science Hill vs. Signal Mountain, Elizabethton vs. Walker Valley, Boyd-Buchanan vs. GPS; 9--Sullivan East vs. Warren County, Coffee County vs. Soddy-Daisy, Elizabethton vs. Livingston Academy, Chattanooga Christian vs. Farragut.