Knoxville Area Teams

CoachT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK returns all there starters with exception of the Slade whom graduated. They have a strong group of Juniors and some very strong freshman players coming in.  I look for them to go far into the season.  Havent seen Catholic but they will be tough compition for them in AA this year.

CAK will not be challenged in AA. They will not lose a game in knoxville. Farragut and Webb are strong and yes...Oak Ridge will win District Three.

My top 10 are

CAK

Farragut

Webb

Oak Ridge

Then a BIG drop.

Hardin Valley lost their two best players but have a strong club representation.

Karns has a great player in their senior OH but their coach doesn't use her right.

Bearden has a great setter, but they won't sneak up on teams this year.

Catholic and Anderson County are my big unknowns. Catholic lost a great coach but has alot of returning talent. I think AC graduated all six starters and they have almost no club players but they always seem to be good so until we beat them I will reserve judgment.

My last two are probably Maryville and Grace.

So Big Blue we don't really disagree.

Best coach in the area Carmen Foster, no one else compares.

Best Player tie between Seviers at Karns and the setter McGinnis at Bearden.

Best Team CAK. Should have won the state last two years but coaching may have caused a stumble. New assistants brought in may help. Won't lose a game this year, 6 6 middle can't be stopped.

Orcat, are you serious?

I don't know enough about the current state of knoxville volleyball to make an intelligent comment about who is good and who is not. But I am still friends with several AC folk and your comment about Coach Foster is way out of line.

My daughters played club for Smokey Mountain and really liked Coach Foster, but to make this statement is silly.

How many games did AC lose in your district the last two years? Has Coach Foster EVER beaten AC. EVER?

And you say no one else compares?

Orcat

The 6'6"  girl for CAK took a summer off of AAU Basketball to concentrate on Club.  I think she is now playing on the right side and outside.  not sure if you will see her much in the middle this year even though i think that would be a mistake.  she is tough in there.

ORCAT....You are out of your mind. We don't disagree?????? I don't agree with much of anything that you said. Oak Ridge STINKS this year!! Their coach is decent at best.

The setter at Bearden this year is an "ok" setter for high school. The best setter in the county??? No way in the world. She's a good player but not even their best on the court (unless their libero didn't come back from injury).

CAK will play good but not great volleyball. Webb will be a force just because they have a ton of club girls from K2.

Catholic will be fine. They have a great new coach that really has done a great job learning from their past coach.

HVA...not much to talk about.

Farragut...Will win a lot by default as stated with Webb. Their coach has NO clue what she is doing but wins because she has a bunch of K2 starters on her team. Their senior setter is a nice little player.

AC will also be a force this year. They play hard every match.

The Karns Beavers will be just 'OK". We will compete in every game. We will win some and lose some. Coach doesn't have much talent to work from but she does her best. If we win she should get coach of the year..

Edited by bigbluevolley

First, big blue, "coach doesn't have much to work with? ". Really? Jessica Seviers is the best hitter to come out of Karns ever. And you think she doesn't have much to work with? What about all of the club players Karns has? Funny.

Also, ebether if the CAK coach plays a 6 6 girl anywhere but the middle he should be replaced, especially after last years failure at state. That has to be a joke.

And Brat, you don't even live around here. The refs cost us the title last year. Anderson County gets more calls then any team I've ever scene. The refs are afraid of them. This year, with no club players, we will not drop a game to them.

This is the year of the cat.

This is all hilarious.

Oak Ridge will be done in Districts.  If they are lucky, they will finish third, but I think it might be worse than that.

I agree somewhat with Karns having "club" players.  I know that Pheonix Rising doesnt go to all the big tournaments that other clubs do, but they still are playing in the off season so they are doing more than most other District 3 teams.

I dont think CF has ever beaten AC, but this could be the year.  AC is going to be down more than previously because of losing six seniors, BUT, they always seem to find a way to win games, so I wont count them totally out.

I think the Bearden setter is one of the best setters this year in the Knoxville area. 

Farragut will be really good, but I have heard they are going to use a Junior setter, so I dont know how well that will work out.

Hardin Valley will always be a contender because they, like Farragut, are loaded with club players that play at the highest level.

The season is almost upon us!  Cant wait!!