Knoxville Area Teams

CoachT

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tall middle is not in the middle anymore.  she is almost exclusivley right side now.  She looked pretty good for a player who just completed her first club season.  She will give some outside hitters problems with her reach over the net on the block and her swing is a lot stronger this year. Combined with the outside hitters and the new middle they have the front row looks solid.

Edited by EBTHER

I can tell you this much. We need a new coach!! Yep..You heard it from me!!! I have finally come to the conclusion that she is kind of like Bearden's Mens Basketball coach. When she has the horses she wins. When she has to coach girls up she loses. If you look at the future of our program. we are in for a bad ride unless our school mans up and brings in someone that can coach up!!! CAK will be a very good team this year. Now we get to see what bearden has. I'm hearing they are all defense right now because of youth on the outside.

I agree Blue. Your girls looked as if they were a little out of sorts last night. All the while your coach sat over there and stewed. Seivers is going to have to get some help if she is going to do some damage this year. She did not have too many good sets because of bad passing.

Club, she is still pretty raw but as I have heard she has committed to UCF already so she must be doing something right. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Please, you guys slam OR, constantly, and all I do is promote our program. Big Blue, do you really think Karns will beat us and win district? Really? You just said you need a new coach.

If Karns can't beat us then who? Oak Ridge is the prohibitive favorite to win District 3. That is not stirring anything up, it's just stating facts.

Unfortunatley when you are 6'6", you dont need to do much right in volleyball.  You can have awesome 5"9" girls on the front row, but when they have to get around someone who is head and shoulders above them, it makes it hard.  Even if the player is a little slow and raw.  You cant teach height.  I would imagine she has had colleges interested for quite some time.  If she is able to become a good volleyball player, then she will domintate. 

I am a little surprised to hear you say that about your coaching blue.  A couple of years back, I felt like they had a state champion team with the talent, but the coach was not able to put them there.  Your school is not the only one with that problem.  I dont know what some of them are thinking at times.  I feel like they should find the strengths and weaknesses of EACH player, then put them in a position to win.  Too many times, a player stays in that is playing pityfully or is an upper classman instead of putting the best six players, for that day, on the court. 

I think it is early still, and you guys will come out with several wins.

ORCAT...OUR teams stink. Period...End of discussion!! I at least own up to it. Now do I want our girls to win. Of course I do. I don't sugar coat things.

ORCAT...How did Bearden look. We get them tonight. 3 out of 5 I think since it's not district play. My friend was there and she said they have great defense right now and that's what's winning games for them. She said their outsides are young but could be decent. She wasn't impressed with the setter. I know you LOVE their setter though..

Bearden is extremely scrappy. Libero was fantastic, but they don't put the ball down. We made too many errors. We should have won, but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

Farragut is really good. Karns should beat Bearden if you just give Seviers the ball.

Big Blue, who will be ahead of OR and Karns in our district? We will finish 1 and 2.

Club,  she could have had her pick of Basketball scholarships if she had stayed with it. we had several schools in the gym to watch her last season. She will be the toughest defender in the state this year if she decides to play. She quit AAU basketball to try club for the first time this year.  I dont know which schools offered  her for Volleyball but i know that there were some big schools showing lots of interest.

Ok....Just got back from Karns. Bearden whipped up on us pretty bad. 3-1. The game we won I think Braden had 17 errors...HaHa....ORCAT...Listen to this..I gotta AGREE with you!!! The Bearden Libero is FANTASTIC!!! That girl can flat out play. I haven't seen a girl that quick in a long time.Her passing (when they served her) was right on target. She is a pure leader too.  I talked to one of the JV parents and he said she was committed to Louisville. Louisville got a good one.

ORCAT...List all the teams in our district and I will try and put them in order.

Has anyone else watched the Bearden libero play?

Edited by bigbluevolley