Karns

Clinton

Halls

AC

Powell

Gibbs

Central

Campbell county

Do you agree? Can anyone in district 3 challenge OR and Karns? Clinton has a great player in Muncey but I swear the coach doesn't use her right. She dominates in club. Other than her the district is weak after OR and Karns.

Thoughts Big Blue?

Also, I am glad you loved the Libero. I think she was hurt last year. Good to see her bounce back.

Also, I think you have a great hitter in Seviers. I suspect that setting and passing is the problem, correct.

Do you really want a coaching change?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have such a weak district. I think it's actually a crap shoot. We will know more after we get a few district games under our belt. I think its AC or Clinton, but I hope I'm wrong.

We really do need a new coach. I hate to say it, but she just doesn't get it. If Bearden doesn't make 17 errors in the 3rd game we lose in 3. The girls look like they have no idea what they are doing out there. Oh well...We'll see what happens.

You're right about Bearden not being able to put balls down. I'm thinking their Libero is going to be getting a lot of work before she leaves for Louisville next summer...

Saw Bearden's libero in club ball (K2) this winter.  Remember thinking she might have made the difference between 3rd & 4th in the AAA state tourney last fall if she had played.  (South knocked out Bearden before losing to Brentwood in loser bracket finals.)

Probably not enough to get to the finals, but she would have made Bearden better.  Picking balls up and putting them where they belong is great, but like bigblue said you have to put them down to win.  Ask DB who is struggling with an all-state libero.

Was at the early bird all weekend saw some great volleyball. The libero for beardon is a good player and the libero for soddy daisy put on a show against Farragut friday night in pool play and all day saturday in gold bracket. Think she is just a junior. Did anyone else see? The big girl for cak not even best player on that team much less knoxville area #12 carried them all day. Farragut is best team in knoxville and or doesnt have a chance to win or make state.

Early Bird - the Soddy coach is solid. No coach in Knoxville compares. If Knoxville had better volleyball coaches they could bring home some state championships. CAK coach is a great guy, the Farragut coach is clueless--only team I saw that got called out of rotation multiple times...it's going to be an interesting year. Early Bird was great to watch!

VballParent....I appreciate your opinion. My question to you would be. Our coach has her own club. She coaches these girls all year. She coaches them in high school and the she coaches them in club and they still haven't gotten any better. So how would you justify your comments. Unless (since you are a so called "outsider') you want Karns to lose and therefore she is doing a "great Job"..These girls have been together for 4 years now and haven't done anything great on the volleyball court. That's coaching if you ask me.

Big blue I think you're looking at the Karns team wrong. I agree with what you say about CAK but the talent on Karns is the middle not the OH. She's the one with college offers. She is the biggest hitter/blocker and the 'Everyman' for the team. As for club, I don't watch during that season, but I've seen most of the pre season games. The coach seems passionate to me, but of course I don't see her in practice.

When you stop and think about it you are current about the middle. She is a better player. I'm not going to drink the coolaid about the coach. When you walk into the entrance of the gym and the first thing you see on the wall above the door is a portrait picture of the coach by herself that should give you some what of an idea about you she is and what she is all about. Now they don't have the picture up this year because it looks like they are renovating there, but it's been like that every year except this year.