How do you think Copper Basin will do in 2013?

BigDave67

Yeah I don't think Polk and Basin will ever play again. I was hoping that Fannin and Basin would start up again, but that seems to have gotten ruined also. haha

Murphy High School would be another good every season matchup for Copper Basin. Murphy has been in the State Championship game in North Carolina the last three seasons.

Murphy High School would be another good every season matchup for Copper Basin. Murphy has been in the State Championship game in North Carolina the last three seasons.

I'm pretty sure fannin and Murphy scrimmage tonight actual. I think Basin could compete with Murphy year after year. Although they go to state every year, I don't think class 1A football is very strong in North Carolina.
  • Upvote 1

Murphy is a 3A school playing in 1A due to long distances to travel to play anyone in 3A. Idk how they pulled that off but the state allows it and that is why Murphy is a powerhouse every year. And for CB I think 7-3 is very possible for the cougars if they continue to work. losses being to Coalfield, Marion, and Boyd. on the fence games for the cougars will be Silverdale and Valley. However I always believe in my basin boys therefore I have 10-0 in my mind lol. A playoff birth for the cougars should be a given this year if they play like they should.

Murphy is a 3A school playing in 1A due to long distances to travel to play anyone in 3A. Idk how they pulled that off but the state allows it and that is why Murphy is a powerhouse every year. And for CB I think 7-3 is very possible for the cougars if they continue to work. losses being to Coalfield, Marion, and Boyd. on the fence games for the cougars will be Silverdale and Valley. However I always believe in my basin boys therefore I have 10-0 in my mind lol. A playoff birth for the cougars should be a given this year if they play like they should.

I agree. Biggest game of the year could be against rival Silverdale. What more could you ask for? Beat Silverdale and not lose any games they are expected to win then 7-3 is my prediction, but Silverdale should be good again. Must beat the North Carolina teams, Towns, and Tellico though. Those four are the games that the Cougars can't slip up in.

Edited by BasinAlum

I was wondering why it posted like that also! but yeah I agree. slip ups against the should wins would be a arrow in the leg. but yeah basin couldn't ask for anything better than to have silverdale be possibly one of the biggest and most meaningful games of the season and to make it even better they have them at home.