damon smith gone from father ryan?

mustachiomenace

I heard that Damon Smith has left father Ryan (on good terms he has other important things to take care of). I'm just woundering what will father Ryan and pat Simpson and company do with out coach Smith cause under his time there they won 5 state championships and helped personally coach up muliple state champs like mark marchette and tj holmes. And also coached eli king into the beast he is today. How will they find a replacement for him in time for the season cause those are big shoes to fill
  • Upvote 1

The kids respected him in that wrestling room. I personally saw him running that room and every single wrestler in there was 100% zoned in on him. He is a great coach and is more technical then almost all the head coaches in Tennessee. He was a D-1 wrestler at Oklahoma State when they as a team won the National Championship. He did help coach Eli as well but he is not completely responsible for that. And I would hold off saying Eli is a beast right now. He hasn't wrestled one high school match yet. As far as a replacement they have that guy they hired last year to coach the middle school team who was also a former D-1 competitor. I can't remember his name off the top of my head. He would be a great replacement. And other thing is Damon Smiths wife just announced she is pregnant so that was the major factor in why he left.

• Upvote 1

Ah... rumor, speculation, misinformation, and broad, outlandish characterizations... the world of a wrestling message board.

Wish Coach Smith well in his next endeavors and phase of life.

In my opinion, Father Ryan will be just fine without him.  They were successful before he was there, were successful while he was there, and will continue to be successful.  He can look back and know he was part of that history but like all solid programs there are many cogs that make the machine run.

If you're that close to the program and you know that they respect him so how did you not know Adam is no longer with Father Ryan he has taken a position in Ohio as a head wrestling coach. No sir those kids did not respect him. If you don't believe me go over there and ask the kids.

I think everyone in the father Ryan community has the highest respect coach Smith not only because of his achievements as a wrestler but also as a wrestling coach. I know Adam kabla is leaving for Walsh Jesuit thats also why i asked who was going to replace damon because i knew adam wasnt and I have talked to father Ryan people and I have never heard anything but good things about coach Smith. And you ask how he has helped Eli king? From what I have heard Damon took him under his wing and personally trained him.

Edited by mustachiomenace

Adam Kabolla is leaving Nashville Catholic to try and revive the former national championship program of Walsh Jesuit as there new head coach.  The rumor is that Walsh Jesuit will begin attending the Father Ryan invitational and Father Ryan will attend the Ironman Tournament at Walsh Jesuit next year.  Former Father Ryan 3X state champion, high school All-American and NCAA D2 National Runner-up wrestler Raymond Dunning will be the new head coach of the Nashville Catholic program.  The real question is who will be the next assistant coach of the Father Ryan wrestling program?  Will Coach Simpson name an assistant coach for this year or will he wait and go after a well known coach next season?

Father isn't going to the iron man next year the farthest they go north is to Cincinnati and the new word is that coach Simpson kight be fine with his now new head assistant coach and former wrestler of his Davis Dempsey. Because Davis really knows his stuff and can relate to the kids and is probably one of the most underrated coaches in the state. He is true technician when it comes to showing moves to the kids and will held guild father Ryan to another state title again this year