Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Greenbrier Bobcats

Springfield Yellow Jackets vs. Greenbrier Bobcats week 0.   Two schools with rich histories and a long rivalry.  Let the chatter begin.  Who wins and by how much?[/quote This series is not as old as some think , the two teams will meet for only the 16th time in football this year , the series began in 1987 , Springfield leads the series 10 wins to 5.
  • Upvote 1

I have no dog in the hunt but will be there to see this one ! If the bobcats can contain the speed of the jackets I like their chances, on the other had if not the jackets will come out with a close win. The bobcats style of play is grind it out wingt style so the jackets have to play disciplined defense... I look foward to a great game on Friday, gunna be a gudun..... Again I have no favorite but I think the cats get a W in a close one....13-9 cats

• Upvote 1

I have no dog in the hunt but will be there to see this one ! If the bobcats can contain the speed of the jackets I like their chances, on the other had if not the jackets will come out with a close win. The bobcats style of play is grind it out wingt style so the jackets have to play disciplined defense... I look foward to a great game on Friday, gunna be a gudun..... Again I have no favorite but I think the cats get a W in a close one....13-9 cats

The Bobcats ran the ball at will against West Creek in the Jamboree.  They looked very very good.  The Jackets will need to play sound assignment defense to keep the same thing from happening to us.  Jackets do a nice job of mixing the pass with the run.  My heart says Jackets but my head says Bobcats in this one.  Conditioning will also come into play.

The Bobcats ran the ball at will against West Creek in the Jamboree.  They looked very very good.  The Jackets will need to play sound assignment defense to keep the same thing from happening to us.  Jackets do a nice job of mixing the pass with the run.  My heart says Jackets but my head says Bobcats in this one.  Conditioning will also come into play.

It may not mean much, but our number one tailback and number one fullback never saw the field in the jamboree. 

With 16 seniors and 20 Juniors, this team has a tremendous amount of depth and experience.   We have three Seniors that have worked their tails off after season ending knee surgeries last year, and they are hungry for the end zone.  These games are always close between these two, but I have a feeling this group of Seniors will step up to the occasion. 

The Bobcats will have a lot of Yellow Jacket stingers in Their hides when the game is over. Springfield Yellow Jackets by 7-10 over the Greenbrier Bobcats

I don't have a final, but my grandson called me and said Greenbrier blew Springfield out.

Anyone have a final and details of the game?