Three Rivers Conference Week 0 Predictions

BigPoppaPump

The question that I have, is why has Boone been so mysterious this preseason?  I try to follow all the conferences up here in the Tri-Cities and the Blazers have been extremely under the radar.  Did they lose everything?  Is Jenkins just trying to lay low until the season starts?  What's the deal.  As for last year's game between Betsy and Boone---I'm a firm believer in the thinking that these are two completely different teams.  Regardless of returning players, the dynamics of high school football teams change a lot from year to year.  Kids mature, kids get in trouble, kids quit, kids hit growth spurts..etc. etc.  I picked Boone in a close one because I have seen Thomas this year, and the kid is a pretty good back. Normally, I would side with you BB, but Boone has me hesitant to pick them in this one.  Who knows.  Maybe they have something special they're holding close.

Edited by BigPoppaPump

My logic isn't in the outcome of the Jamboree like you are implying with Boone and Crockett. It is in the fact that South scored 21 points in a qtr against Betsy. The "backup" qb you're referring to looked like he should be starting. And I know Thomas didn't get his touches, for good reason, but my red flag for Elizabethton is that South gashed them, on pace for 84 points. I know Elizabethton is no chump, big time program, but Boone finishes right behind DB, SH, and TN High year in and year out. No disrespect intended in picking them to beat Betsy.

Oh I know you meant to disrespect. I meant no disrespect in my reply either lol As for South/EHS...I hope someone can correct me or confirm but I think we had some turnovers also? Either way, no way South scores 21 in a quarter during the season. South came out with something to prove being in a new conference and I feel in my gut that EHS just didn't take the jamboree seriously and play as if it were an actual contest. 

Boone 13 Elizabethon  34 - Boone is down a bit this year.  Offense sputters. Betsy runs around the ends, past the Blazers.

Voulnteeer 6  Happy Valley  21 - Volunteer's offense is one dimensional and slow.

TN High  48  Johnson County 12 -  Clocks runs out as TN High takes a knee.   

Crockett  19   East  0  -  I'm not sold on Crockett being better (jamboree over Boone)  East is just this bad.

Seymour 28  Sullivan North  20 - Things will be back to normal at Sullivan North. Better schedule some more SW VA teams if you want winning seasons. 

South 42  Cherokee 28 - South is looking strong to start their 4A campaign.  Chiefs' graduated QB is a big loss (Ryans sp?).

Unicoi  21 Hampton 27 - Unicoi will drag to a halt in the second half.  Hampton comes from behind.

Two cents.

Edited by Pudding

Yep, Time for my opinion. Which is just that an opinion.

Elizabethton 28 Boone 10 .  I really do not think at any point in the entire preseason, I seen who i believe will be the starting offense and defense all on the field at the same time.  And yes I do believe one or two people can make a difference in a team sport.

Volunteer 14 HV 10

TN High 42 Johnson County 6

East 6 Crockett 0

North 21 Seymour 20

Cherokee 28 Sourh 21

Unicoi 21 hampton 14

This is my opinions and I am entitled to them lol.

Edited by Woodby30

Volunteer 28 HV 12 - volunteer has some speed, warriors will be overwhelmed.

Betsy 14 Boone 17 - Thomas kid will have to have 30 carries to keep them in it, but Boone gets just enough stops to win.

TN High 50 Johnson County 8 - over by halftime, watch out for the boys in Bristol.

East 30 Crockett 34- 2 bad teams, enjoy this one Crockett.

North 28 Seymour 14 - not sure how North will be, but they will be better than Seymour surely.

Cherokee 28 Sourh 38 - lot of hype for this south team, athleticism and passing game wins this contest for them.

Unicoi 30 Hampton 28 - toss up, Hampton is always big, but that's doesn't always win games.

Volunteer 28 HV 12 - volunteer has some speed, warriors will be overwhelmed.

Betsy 14 Boone 17 - Thomas kid will have to have 30 carries to keep them in it, but Boone gets just enough stops to win.

TN High 50 Johnson County 8 - over by halftime, watch out for the boys in Bristol.

East 30 Crockett 34- 2 bad teams, enjoy this one Crockett.

North 28 Seymour 14 - not sure how North will be, but they will be better than Seymour surely.

Cherokee 28 Sourh 38 - lot of hype for this south team, athleticism and passing game wins this contest for them.

Unicoi 30 Hampton 28 - toss up, Hampton is always big, but that's doesn't always win games.

Wow.  Ok, so you say - Volunteer has speed and wins, Boone wins over Betsy,  North wins and by two tds.  Okie dokie.   :huh:  

Wow.  Ok, so you say - Volunteer has speed and wins, Boone wins over Betsy,  North wins and by two tds.  Okie dokie.   :huh:  

They have the Big 8 100 Meter dash champion running the ball.  I would say that's pretty fast.  Happy Valley is terrible.  Saw them at the jamboree.  It'd take them 40 seconds to score on air from the 40.

Using that logic, didn't Boone get beat in the jamboree by Crockett? Boone can't be any better than last year either and I know EHS is down as well but we used a backup QB during the jamboree (Armstrong played behind Bailey last season and it was another QB(Arnett) who played against Boone last year when we got beat.) To add to all that Thomas didn't get a lot of touches during the jamboree(To avoid injury risks) and I know  Science Hill couldn't do anything to him last year and neither could State Champions CAK. 

If Boone wins it's gonna be by a smaller margin. EHS still has it's speed and depending on the QB situation it will make the game different. Armstrong can throw but makes some questionable decisions while Bailey doesn't have the best arm but he can scramble and run and is probably on the smarter QBs out there in terms of game management and awareness. 

This is my reasoning for picking EHS