AA contenders

knightsfan

Big blue is correct on this one.  CAK will not beat Sullivan South.  I have no horse in this race but I have watched all three this summer at camps and play days.  South is in a class of there own this year and CAK or Knox Catholic will not beat them. I am guessing that this ORCAT has not seen South play this year and you don't want to because it will bust your bubble.  You never know about the other teams from the rest of the state past knoxville as well, but it will be hard to find a team of this caliber.  South's coach is one of the best in the state as well.  Who is coach Foster? Is that CAK 's coach? 

Big middle,  Not sure what camp you saw CAK play at.  The only camp they played in was a play day at their school and half the starters did not even play.  If that is what you base your opionion on, its a little premature.  I do agree with you that Sullivan S is a good team but to say they are in there own league, I dont know about that.  I have not seen enough V-ball this year to make that call.

I have found that Volleyball is the most inconsistent sport there is.  How a team can blow its competitor out in the first 2 sets and lose 3 in a row and the match is maddening. I believe it will come down to consistency and poise in the big games.  Either way i think there will be some great matches played this fall. Cant wait to see what happens this year.

Edited by EBTHER

Nobody picked their position.  He has three middles this year one of which is around 6'1" and the other is 5'11" and pretty athletic. The tall girl played right side all thru club this year and that is where CAK needed help this year.  Have you ever thought that maybe that is the position she wants to play in college and her highschool coach and club coach are just trying to help her acheive her goals. having a 6'6" right side might just intimidate some of the areas big armed outside hitters when those long arms come over the net and shut them down.  It is very early in the season and i have already seen a few outside hitters second guess their decision to hit. CAK has pretty decent players in the middle. im sure they will be fine.  Not saying they will win district or state, but they will do fine. 

• 2 weeks later...