AA contenders

knightsfan

I

At one point during the Blarney Stone Tournament (Catholic tournament) CAK was playing Sullivan South, and Catholic was playing Sullivan East.  That is my prediction for the sectional matches.  Although who plays who may be different.  Two of these teams will go to the state tournament.

I would agree with this prediction and based on what I have seen over the years, I would bet on the two teams who win their Region and are playing at home.  

Does anyone know who won the CAK/Catholic match tonight?  I think it was at CAK.  Bettin, this one is just the beginning of some real battles between these two schools this season.  Just a thought.  One more question, has CAK lost a district match since their coach began there?  Or a district home match for that matter.  Curious.

Beach, Catholic won tonight in a very close five. The fifth set finished 18-20. CAK's setter was recovering from a 24 hr bug and was all over the place with her sets. That's no excuse though. CAK just couldn't finish the deal. Hats off to Catholic. They were scrappy and hung around all night to get the win. This will be a great rivalry from here on out for sure. Great win for the Irish!

Well, good win for Catholic.  I am sure if their setter was ill the next time could be a different story.  But yes, I think there is a new rivalry in Knoxville.  Sullivan South as many have said is probably the pick to go with.  Although, they do not seem quite as strong as in the past.  I have not seen the big presence in the middle that they seem to have always had.  Two super outsides though.  High energy and intensity for sure.  Things are shaping up for sure.  AA will be fun.  And remember Goodpasture is now in A.  Hmmmm

well I am a little biased but Hume-Fogg has been dominating mid-state and some other areas too. they are 21-1, with that only loss being in a tournament to Houston and they seemed out of it mentally that game. Beat page 3-0, independence beat 3-1 (could have easily been 3-0), and although it was preseason the last game of preseason was against ooltewah and they beat them 2-1. I wish we would play in Knoxville more to compare, but unfortunately not. Unless injuries surface or something unfortunate happens they will be there in state tournament. I can't wait for some good matches against Sullivan South and CAK from what I have heard should be good. 

well I am a little biased but Hume-Fogg has been dominating mid-state and some other areas too. they are 21-1, with that only loss being in a tournament to Houston and they seemed out of it mentally that game. Beat page 3-0, independence beat 3-1 (could have easily been 3-0), and although it was preseason the last game of preseason was against ooltewah and they beat them 2-1. I wish we would play in Knoxville more to compare, but unfortunately not. Unless injuries surface or something unfortunate happens they will be there in state tournament. I can't wait for some good matches against Sullivan South and CAK from what I have heard should be good. 

South is playing in the Brentwood tournament next week.  Will HUme Fogg and Page be there?  Ooltewah is a solid team.  South has beaten them (twice i think) and lost once.  Independence is usually very good so it sounds like Hume Fogg has a good team.  Maybe they will get a chance to play.

Well, good win for Catholic.  I am sure if their setter was ill the next time could be a different story.  But yes, I think there is a new rivalry in Knoxville.  Sullivan South as many have said is probably the pick to go with.  Although, they do not seem quite as strong as in the past.  I have not seen the big presence in the middle that they seem to have always had.  Two super outsides though.  High energy and intensity for sure.  Things are shaping up for sure.  AA will be fun.  And remember Goodpasture is now in A.  Hmmmm

You are right on with this post.  South's outside hitter can put the ball down probably as well as anyone in the state but they do not have the size in the middle they have had for past 4 or 5 seasons.   This could be a problem against the strong hitting teams.  However, these girls play very hard, expect to win and have a lot of experience so I would not count them out. 

Edited by tnreb

South is playing in the Brentwood tournament next week.  Will HUme Fogg and Page be there?  Ooltewah is a solid team.  South has beaten them (twice i think) and lost once.  Independence is usually very good so it sounds like Hume Fogg has a good team.  Maybe they will get a chance to play.

yes Hume-Fogg will be at that same tournament and I hope I am too. and no need to worry about page as a contender unless they come up with more players, they might make it to state, but they are not near as good as they have been in the past.