AA contenders

knightsfan

EhsVBCoach

Calling it now...

CAK will not win the state championship. #5 will play where she best helps the team, at right side.

Sullivan South wins the state championship unless a team can shutdown #9, if a team blocks her, she shuts down and they

EHs have fun trying to shut her down and I have to say you are wrong at saying "she shuts down"!!

Edited by Bucfan2

Orcat

Looks like South is cruising as well. Like CAK they have yet to break a sweat. Both have only lost one set so far. I don't think CAK has played very well to this point. It should be a very good match today. It would not surprise me to see it go to five. Sullivan will be looking to avenge the loss the Warriors handed them earlier in the year.

I feel your pain Orcat about not being at the Tourney.  If CAK makes it to the championship I am going up on Friday.  I think both of these teams have talent. Both have good hitters on the front row.  I think this game will be decided by the back row.  The team that gets under the ball and makes a good first passes will win. I know that CAK beat SS at Catholic this year but all bets are off right here.  I would say there is a good chance that they will have to play each other twice this week to decide on a champion.  Hume Fogg could be a sleeper here. They are the only team that might challange the loser of this game.  Dont think any other team can can hang with these two.

Edited by EBTHER

South lost first two games (closely). Won the last three to make it to the finals while maybe Hume-fogg and Cak

Beat up on each other in the Losers bracket. Not exactly the scenario you were hoping for I know, Orcat. Good coaching, lots if character and heart trumps a six ft "wall" Every time. I will say she places the ball well .

Edited by devotedvbfan