AA contenders

knightsfan

South started slow but finished strong. The question is did CAK shut down the #9 like they was hoping for? I can answer that NO, that girl can hit from anywhere and put the ball down. No wall has stopped her yet. They still have a challenge ahead to be Champs but they seem to be peaking at the right time.

A best of 3 win in an early season weekend tourney in Knoxville means nothing at this time of the season.  Likewise, pulling off the comeback win today guarantees nothing tomorrow except that South WILL be playing tomorrow.  HF wants a South rematch, too.

Pretty late to be switching positions but depending on the situation may be worth a shot.

Orcat

He wont move the big girl to the middle now or ever. Will they beat HFA? I don't think they will. To many girls on the team don't have their heart in it. I believe HFA will beat SS in the Championship game tomorrow. I don't have an update on the game yet but CAK has a few problems right now. Mainly the Lebiro we think is coming dow with the flu. She is playing at abour 40 percent rigjt now. Will be suprised if they win a set.

I think HF has a good chance of beating CAK. That'swhat I'm hoping. South beat HumeFogg in 4. Make no mistake. Hume Fogg has a good team. I will say it again. Anything can happen at this level. I don't know why orcat is fixated on the 6'6" girl. She didn't make that much difference in the game. CAK HAS A LOT OF GOOD PLAYERS. They were beaten by an equally good team who played with more character and heart and better coáching today. Enough said. Leave the CAK coach alone. He has done a pretty good job.

• Upvote 1

btw HFA DID NOT BEAT PAGE 25-2 that was a typo all three were 25-12. and HFA is playing some of their best ball right now! Look forward to that rematch against SS and good luck to them! I think MVP will either go to their #9 (who has the strongest hit that I can ever remember) or HFA #10. btw CAK played good game. set scores were 25-14, 23-25, 25-9, 25-20.

Congrats to Hume-Fogg and Sullivan South.  Both team played great and rightly deserve to play for the championship.  I think it is anybodys game.  CAK played well but part of the team just seemed to shut down. I love our coach but being a man i think he has a hard time relating and motivating teenage girls to get the most out of them.  I dont think we will see CAK at state next year as they lose there setter, our best outside and one if not both of our middles. The big girl, the libero and several key players return but the ones we lose will be a big hit.  I guess we will see.