AA contenders

knightsfan

EB, I know that we have not seen eye to eye, but I really liked your girls. They are ladies in ever sense of the word. I would say the same about your parents. I thought you guys were a class act. I remember last year at the early bird a couple of years ago at the early bird sitting with several of your moms and was touched about the way they loved there girls and the team, and supported each other. I also got to know them at club tournamrpents, and remember them as being fun. I honestly thought you guys had it, but its rough.

I never meant to be so critical of your head coach, I just didn't agree with a couple of moves. I think he is a high quality guy. I can't say the same thing about several area coaches. I don't think the problem is him being a man. Over the years the best coaches in our area have been men. I agree with your statement about motivation. The problem is that is a BIG part of coaching. You either have it or you don't. When you get to the tournament all of the teams are good. The coach HAS to get the team to play their best. Over the last three years he has not. Not a criticism, just an assessment.

I always liked Coach Jones, he got his team to play big when they needed to. Your coach almost seems to get less inspiring. Nice guy, but not an elite coach.

Hold your head up, you had a good year. These past two years you had a great opportunity but just couldn't get it done.

EB thanks for the back and forth. Maybe ill see you at club. I don't know how much ill follow high school next year, getting married!!! But I will keep coaching club. I had fun talking with you.

Here's a link to the local take on yesterday and today:

http://www.timesnews.net/article/9069061/south-volleyball-team-advances-to-state-finals

Sounds like HF is going to "take it to them."

knightsfan, in the 9 years I've been watching TN HS VB I've only seen 3 other OH's that hit like #9: Brentwood's OH in '06, DB's Devine in '10, and Ravenwood's Hutson.  Sounds like you've got a good one, too.

Orcat

It has been fun with the back and forth here.  It has been a been a great season,  even without a  championship trophy.  I told my daughter to keep her chin up,  A lot of teams dont even get to go to state.  CAK has been there three years in a row.  It is a great experience for everybody involved.  Players and families.  Losing will only make the fire for winning grow and will increase the will to work harder to be better next year. Thank for the compliments to the girls and the families of our team.  I have noticed the majority of the volleyball parents are the same way.  Very passionate about the game but mostly respectable the girls and fans.  I think that is what makes it so enjoyable. Teams tailgating at the tournements and so many girls playing club together makes for a real family atmosphere.  Much more than other sports i have been involved within the past. Congrats on getting married!  Hope you have met the love of your life and all goes well. Hope to meet on the club circut this year,  Its been fun.   

#9 was awesome, she worked hard for everything she earned. Might I add she was 2 time District MVP, 2 time Regional MVP and 2 time Hitter of the year this weekend she received Player of the year in her conference. She gives all the credit to the Good Lord for giving her the talent and allowing her to play. Way to go Lady Rebels, 2013 Division I AA State Champions!!!

Edited by Bucfan2

CONGRATS TO SULLIVAN SOUTH!! they deserve it. they came to play and HFA just wasn't ready today. Couldn't get the ball down when they needed to and when they did sullivan dig it out. think it was probably the closest match of the day and proud of my blue knights! and there is no doubt that #9 is the best hitter in AA and rightfully deserved MVP. just wish one or two of HFA players had played like they did against CAK. Congrats to both teams on a awesome season!

P.S. HFA student section was rocking tonight. 

The HFA students were awesome. I was impressed how the cheered during the match but more impressed how they stayed well after the match was over to greet the HFA girls after the loss! Very impressive. That is exact how I would hope the south students would act if the TSSAA ever saw fit to hold a tournament within 200 miles of Kingsport

No other team is a contender. CAK is farther ahead of the field than any team in memory. They would win a AAA championship. They have a 6 foot 6 hitter and an experienced and athletic club heavy team. They should undefeated and won't drop a game to a AA team.[/quote

:) way to go Sullivan South !!!

Edited by kr1416
  • Upvote 2

how many seniors are on sullivan south? I think #9 was a senior but not sure. HFA keeps two of their good hitters but loses #10 (best hitter) and libero and a middle blocker, but has decent replacement and still good middle hitter, outside hitter, and setter. I know CAK keeps some good players including big girl.