Cherokee vs. Sullivan South

crawdad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lam, the spring scrimmage in May where South pretty much handled DB in the same manner that Greeneville did a few weeks ago was probably what led to the "best chance in years" comment.

LOL,Theres more to a game other than passing.And you should know that just because a team does something one time dont mean they could do it again. :thumb: JUST SAYIN

Before you thoroughly embarrass yourself again, do a little research.

You must be Crawboy's cousin or got a little too much goofy gas.

They dropped to 4A.  Not in the same conference with DB anymore.  TSSAA determines classifications by enrollment.  I can't explain it an simpler.  South did not "choose" to drop.  They had no choice.  I guess Central "chose" to stay in 5A, huh?  Genius. 

Edited by Pudding

They dropped to 4A.  Not in the same conference with DB anymore.  TSSAA determines classifications by enrollment.  I can't explain it an simpler.  South did not "choose" to drop.  They had no choice.  I guess Central "chose" to stay in 5A, huh?  Genius. 

Well there Einstein....I figured you were the type to keep digging. Central had no choice. South certainly DID. 

On October 17, 2012 the TSSAA sent a letter to Sullivan South, giving them the opportunity to move back to 5A. They were given until October 24, 2012 to reply.

Having known this was coming for some time, the players, parents, teachers, all coaches, boosters and even Blountville should have been given the opportunity to comment and be a part of this decision. They were not. Terrible, short sighted, self-serving decision.

Now, I suggest you have someone read this to you a couple of times and then take their time explaining it. This is getting embarrassing.

They dropped to 4A. Not in the same conference with DB anymore. TSSAA determines classifications by enrollment. I can't explain it an simpler. South did not "choose" to drop. They had no choice. I guess Central "chose" to stay in 5A, huh? Genius.

I think schools can "choose" to play UP a classification so that is what bat is talking about. Anyway, there is no sense crying over it now. I think it is good for a school to play in the division they should be in for competitive purposes. With 4 slots available for out of conference scheduling you also have the ability to schedule good teams you WANT to play as well.

The way that the City of Kinsport keeps taking North, South and Central students do to there greed. It is just a matter of time until one of these schools will have to close(North) Maybe if they finally just wipe out all of the county schools and get Clark out of coaching football they will finally getthe right combo off players to compete with the good 6A football teams, but I doubt it!!! There is no doubt that DB is in the top two of the 6A schools in the tri-cities. :rolleyes:  Oh yes sorry South by 10 over Cherokee.

Well there Einstein....I figured you were the type to keep digging. Central had no choice. South certainly DID. 

On October 17, 2012 the TSSAA sent a letter to Sullivan South, giving them the opportunity to move back to 5A. They were given until October 24, 2012 to reply.

Having known this was coming for some time, the players, parents, teachers, all coaches, boosters and even Blountville should have been given the opportunity to comment and be a part of this decision. They were not. Terrible, short sighted, self-serving decision.

Now, I suggest you have someone read this to you a couple of times and then take their time explaining it. This is getting embarrassing.

I didnt know a team could play up.  I do know their enrollment puts them in 4A.  But, why on earth would they want to play up with an ever shrinking enrollment?  Just because they have a good football program and have been successful?  Shouldnt everyone play with schools their own size?  I know Central thinks so.  For a school that is still dropping in enrollment due to the City of Kingsport's unwanted annexations, I'd say they are anything from "short sighted".  Heck, they may not have enought kids left to stay in 4A soon if Kingsport gets their way.  And for ANYONE from KINGSPORT to label anyone else as "self-serving" is nuts.  I have lived in several parts of TN and can honestly say, Kingsport is the worst when it comes to the preferences of the few verses the good of all.  (Hope that new stadium comes along as well as DB's million dollar parking lot redo)  All of East Tennessee see Kingsport City for what they are and how they cherry pick communities from the surrounding county to annex.  Give me a break.

Back to this highjacked thread (go figure it was a DB fan),

I was able to go watch the Cherokee at South game last night.  Great game!  Both teams played wide open.  This is one of those games that you hate someone has to lose.  It may have come down to conditioning as South seemed to keep a full head of steam whereas the Chiefs were cramping up and dragging.  I sat on the Cherokee side and talked to a couple fans there.  They nor I thought the Chiefs would be as good this season with the graduation of QB Ryans.  I was impressed.  Cherokee may sneak up on some teams this year.  The one Cherokee RB is a load once he gets going.  South is very skilled on offense but has to work on that pass defense. 

As an outsider to both programs, I have to say the zebra crew was pretty bad.  A Cherokee dad told me they were from Greeneville.  HA!  Go figure.  A lot of missed calls by the line guys and a couple tds called that I wish I could see on video.  When fans from both sides are making an "oooo" sound and looking around in shock on the same play that the side ref called a touchdown , I say it was bad.   LOL!

I didnt know a team could play up.  I do know their enrollment puts them in 4A.  But, why on earth would they want to play up with an ever shrinking enrollment?  Just because they have a good football program and have been successful?  Shouldnt everyone play with schools their own size?  I know Central thinks so.  For a school that is still dropping in enrollment due to the City of Kingsport's unwanted annexations, I'd say they are anything from "short sighted".  Heck, they may not have enought kids left to stay in 4A soon if Kingsport gets their way.  And for ANYONE from KINGSPORT to label anyone else as "self-serving" is nuts.  I have lived in several parts of TN and can honestly say, Kingsport is the worst when it comes to the preferences of the few verses the good of all.  (Hope that new stadium comes along as well as DB's million dollar parking lot redo)  All of East Tennessee see Kingsport City for what they are and how they cherry pick communities from the surrounding county to annex.  Give me a break.

All that writing and you could have just said "I'm Sorry".

ps There are many reasons, in this case, to play up. Very few in playing down. I could list them here, but you wouldn't understand.

Butmast, you've been breathing that chemical fog too long in the model city.  You missed it again - South isnt playing down.  They are playing right where enrollment puts them.  Playing down for them would be 3A, and that isnt allowed. Moving on.

Holy Cow in the Cherokee at South game! :o Everyone go check out the highlights on wcyb dot com sports 5 out of Bristol. Friday Night Huddle. Amazing camera work of the "Touchdown" in the corner of the endzone. 2:43 of the video. That poor referee has to be embarrassed to death! How do you make that call. The video shows this perfectly. Listen to what the tv guys says too! LOL! Simply, wow! :o

Edited by Pudding

Butmast, you've been breathing that chemical fog too long in the model city.  You missed it again - South isnt playing down.  They are playing right where enrollment puts them.  Playing down for them would be 3A, and that isnt allowed. Moving on.

Holy Cow in the Cherokee at South game! :o Everyone go check out the highlights on wcyb dot com sports 5 out of Bristol. Friday Night Huddle. Amazing camera work of the "Touchdown" in the corner of the endzone. 2:43 of the video. That poor referee has to be embarrassed to death! How do you make that call. The video shows this perfectly. Listen to what the tv guys says too! LOL! Simply, wow! :o

That's OK Pudding honey, I forgive you.