Beech-Henry County

mondo44

Having so many players go both ways for Beech this year will hurt, especially on a short week. I wish this game came a little later in the year for the Bucs. With 16 starters gone from last years team, it will take a while for this team to find its identity and for some young guys to gain experience. The defense looked a little confused at times against SC. Wouldn't be surprised to see the win streak come to an end this Friday.

I didn't watch the game today, but I saw the score. Sounds like it was a great game.

As for us, I'm still trying to figure out how good this Henry County team is. We turned in a Jekyll and Hyde performance against a very athletic Liberty team the other night. Outside of giving up one kickoff return, we pretty much dominated the 2nd half, but we were less than spectacular in the 1st.

One thing we do have is plenty of depth. A lot of experience on the O-line and in the front 7. We have 3 solid tailbacks, but we pass the ball more than in recent years. Our QB is a first year starter, but he played pretty well the other night going 10-for-16 and also making some nice plays with his legs.

I would expect HC to try and make this a grind-it-out type of game, but we need the team that showed up in the 2nd half the other night to bring the intensity for all 4 quarters. If not, it could be a long night for HC.

I watched the game today and have seen HC play their jamboree and 1st game, the trend I am seeing is, their opponents are effective, especially running the ball in the 1st half, HC's depth comes into play in the 2nd part of the game and wears their opponents down, from there HC takes control and pulls away.....

Beech IMO, has 3 backs better than anyone HC has seen thus far, and their offensive despite returning 1 starter, is better than any O-line HC has faced. After seeing the game today, I do not see Beech being worn down, maybe the short turn-around will be a factor but I dont think so.....

I believe SC is a pretty darn good football team both offensively and defensively and that Beech played them very well on both sides of the ball.....

I am not so sure if HC is as good offensively as they were last year and from what I have seen, I do not believe their defense is (at least atm). I can see Beech having their way running the ball through-out the game,; And depending on if HC can get something going in the 2nd half or not on offense, Beech could win by 3-4 scores, I guess we will see this Friday.....

I think HC is just as as good as Station Camp & do think HC/Beech matchup very well. Who wins is anyone's guess, in my opinion. Beech is the champ & until they get knocked off are the favorite. I'm headed to the game Friday and am just excited football season is finally here.

Edited by SEC1rules

I watched the game today and have seen HC play their jamboree and 1st game, the trend I am seeing is, their opponents are effective, especially running the ball in the 1st half, HC's depth comes into play in the 2nd part of the game and wears their opponents down, from there HC takes control and pulls away.....

Beech IMO, has 3 backs better than anyone HC has seen thus far, and their offensive despite returning 1 starter, is better than any O-line HC has faced. After seeing the game today, I do not see Beech being worn down, maybe the short turn-around will be a factor but I dont think so.....

I believe SC is a pretty darn good football team both offensively and defensively and that Beech played them very well on both sides of the ball.....

I am not so sure if HC is as good offensively as they were last year and from what I have seen, I do not believe their defense is (at least atm). I can see Beech having their way running the ball through-out the game,; And depending on if HC can get something going in the 2nd half or not on offense, Beech could win by 3-4 scores, I guess we will see this Friday.....

Kevin, your prognostications regarding HC have been so bizarrely inaccurate over the past three years that I am somewhat comforted by your comments above. I fear that your Boskie-esque disdain for the Patriots influences your thinking.If you really think that Beech's Oline is better than that of MBA, well.;.............

GO BIG RED

I've only seen that happen once, and I think you're overselling it. That isn't what I saw happen at the jamboree (unless you're saying we wore them down after 1 or 2 series, because we dominated from that point on). And I don't think the "depth factor" was that big of a deal until the 4th quarter of the Liberty game. That is, unless they got tired while sitting in the locker room at halftime. We came right out to start the 3rd quarter, forced a 3 and out, and then drove down the field for a touchdown. Outside of the ensuing kickoff return, we had our way with them the entire 2nd half. I think adjustments had more to do with it myself.

As for the offense and defense not being as good as last year, I thought they both looked better in the preseason and against Liberty than they did in last year's preseason and Liberty game. Especially the defense.

Edited by MSURacer

I'll have to agree with others in that it doesn't seem that accurate to make some of the statements you have made, particularly that of the "best O-line HC has seen." Though I was not nearly as happy with our Defense as I was in many of the pre-season outings, they adjusted well and shut down a very athletic Liberty team.

As for "Hurd runs wild and Beech wins" comment from another poster, that will be a tall order. I know several of the defensive Team Leaders have taken it very personally at how Hurd performed against them last year. Of course an athelete that good cannot be completely contained, or shut down for that matter. However, I think the Big Red will be much better prepared and have a much stronger gameplan to keep him in check, and most likely the Carter kid too. All in all, this match up should be a great one. Looking forward to a great Friday Night Atmosphere!

Go Big RED!!!

Having so many players go both ways for Beech this year will hurt, especially on a short week. I wish this game came a little later in the year for the Bucs. With 16 starters gone from last years team, it will take a while for this team to find its identity and for some young guys to gain experience. The defense looked a little confused at times against SC. Wouldn't be surprised to see the win streak come to an end this Friday.

Tandem,my take on the Bucs aftr the SC game is that they are just as good as advertised.Certainly Hurd is spectacular and Carter almost as good( lucky for us that they can't both carry the ball at the same tme). 41, the fullback is outystanding and the new O-line is far better than adequate.The only chink in their armor as I see it and asyou outlined is the number of both way players: HC has none. We are hoping for game time temp of 98 with 98% relative humidity.Otherwise, it seems pretty hopeless.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil