Beech-Henry County

mondo44

Back earlier this week i figured this game would be a toss up (not knowing anything about HC) then the news of JH came out i give the edge to HC but still thought it would be close with Beech having home field on their side..Didnt expect that lopsided of a score. Gratz on a big early season win HC.

Henry Co. has much more depth - They are platooning an offense and defense and are 2 deep in most positions. Very solid. Don't have the super player like a Hurd. But very solid. Kicker has very good leg and was accurate tonight on all kicks. Beech is going both ways and the offensive and defensive lines have a long, long way to go. Hurd could have made it close but HC is/was the bettter team at this time with out a doubt. That being said - playing Sunday and having a short week look like it affected Beech. In fact, it might affect them next week too. They were worn out by end of the third qtr.

HC stacked the D to stop Carter. He is the real deal - but again the offensive line has to get better - HC much better in the trenches.

Edited by 3-6-3

HC great win but keep in mind its a whole different ball game with Hurd not playing a WHOLE lotta difference - but its a W

That's laughable .... in HS football, its one squad against another.  Too big of a margin to say it was because HURD was out.  39 pts to Station Camp when Hurd was in there says it all.

Edited by OzziePossum

That's laughable .... in HS football, its one squad against another.  Too big of a margin to say it was because HURD was out.  39 pts to Station Camp when Hurd was in there says it all.

very very wrong - last year it was HURD vs HC and it showed with the yards or i should say almost a mile he got on the ground ....

And you scored what 41 and SC had 39 what is your point ? Hurd played hurt all game and no one said BHS was a force on defense at all with or without  JH-----

trust me if JH was playing I would have been cheering for HC to shut him down and stops BHS winning streak ... but as I said yiou took care of biz, did what you had to do and got the W and I give you credit  -  but in the back of my head I would be thinking " I  beat BHS without the best back in the state, the number one recruit in state, the number 4 back in the country and a guy that put up a silly number on my defense last year "

With JH out and stated on the 104.5 , you didnt  have the fear factor of facing JH .....

who is to say on his first 5 touches he has 100 yds and 2 TDs already ? Who is too say that maybe this year you would have stuffed him ?  BUT when you say its a squad s squad your off when JH is on your team - just the fact of not knowing he would carry the ball, change of game calling , as i stated on an earlier post on 3 and 15 give the ball to JH and he will get you 17 , now you have to pass  with JH on the sideline.......Also last year JH willed his team to win and carried his team on his shoulders

again who knows what might have been but for the 3rd time you did what you did and got a great win......

very very wrong - last year it was HURD vs HC and it showed with the yards or i should say almost a mile he got on the ground ....

And you scored what 41 and SC had 39 what is your point ? Hurd played hurt all game and no one said BHS was a force on defense at all with or without  JH-----

trust me if JH was playing I would have been cheering for HC to shut him down and stops BHS winning streak ... but as I said yiou took care of biz, did what you had to do and got the W and I give you credit  -  but in the back of my head I would be thinking " I  beat BHS without the best back in the state, the number one recruit in state, the number 4 back in the country and a guy that put up a silly number on my defense last year "

With JH out and stated on the 104.5 , you didnt  have the fear factor of facing JH .....

who is to say on his first 5 touches he has 100 yds and 2 TDs already ? Who is too say that maybe this year you would have stuffed him ?  BUT when you say its a squad s squad your off when JH is on your team - just the fact of not knowing he would carry the ball, change of game calling , as i stated on an earlier post on 3 and 15 give the ball to JH and he will get you 17 , now you have to pass  with JH on the sideline.......Also last year JH willed his team to win and carried his team on his shoulders

again who knows what might have been but for the 3rd time you did what you did and got a great win......

I don't think Ozzie Possum is a Henry County fan. I've never seen him post on our threads before.

Nonetheless, yes, I believe it would have been a better/closer game with Hurd for sure, but the advantage we had up front and with our depth still would have been difficult for Beech to overcome in my opinion. I'm not trying to rub anything in, but the score could have been worse had we not turned the ball over 3 times in the first half. Absolutely no way would Hurd have done to us what he did last year. (450+ yards)

Edited by MSURacer

I don't think Ozzie Possum is a Henry County fan. I've never seen him post on our threads before.

Nonetheless, yes, I believe it would have been a better/closer game with Hurd for sure, but the advantage we had up front and with our depth still would have been difficult for Beech to overcome in my opinion. I'm not trying to rub anything in, but the score could have been worse had we not turned the ball over 3 times in the first half. Absolutely no way would Hurd have done to us what he did last year. (450+ yards)

Don't know how a program like Beech can have the success they have had the past 4 years with plenty of numbers this year and not have any more depth then what they had.  I'm not sure if they played more than 24 guys all game.  Henry County was rotating offensive and defensive lines all game long (with no one going both ways).  Perhaps the Beech staff should have developed a little more depth over the past year instead of running Hurd into the ground.  For crying out loud, they had starters out there versus HC's 3 string trying to score a td at the 5 minute mark down 41-14.  Gaddis was the master at getting kids to come out for a down program, Counce is the master at taking those numbers and finding different ways to utilize everybody.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Henry County played 50 kids tonight.

Edited by Professor Chaos

Don't know how a program like Beech can have the success they have had the past 4 years with plenty of numbers this year and not have any more depth then what they had.  I'm not sure if they played more than 24 guys all game.  Henry County was rotating offensive and defensive lines all game long (with no one going both ways).  Perhaps the Beech staff should have developed a little more depth over the past year instead of running Hurd into the ground.  For crying out loud, they had starters out there versus HC's 3 string trying to score a td at the 5 minute mark down 41-14.  Gaddis was the master at getting kids to come out for a down program, Counce is the master at taking those numbers and finding different ways to utilize everybody.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Henry County played 50 kids tonight.

I don't know, but Beech is one coaching staff that I won't question. Keep in mind, they didn't have much experience coming into the season. They lost 15 or so starters from last year. Not uncommon at all for the best athletes to be playing both ways.