Beech-Henry County

mondo44

very very wrong - last year it was HURD vs HC and it showed with the yards or i should say almost a mile he got on the ground ....

And you scored what 41 and SC had 39 what is your point ? Hurd played hurt all game and no one said BHS was a force on defense at all with or without  JH-----

trust me if JH was playing I would have been cheering for HC to shut him down and stops BHS winning streak ... but as I said yiou took care of biz, did what you had to do and got the W and I give you credit  -  but in the back of my head I would be thinking " I  beat BHS without the best back in the state, the number one recruit in state, the number 4 back in the country and a guy that put up a silly number on my defense last year "

With JH out and stated on the 104.5 , you didnt  have the fear factor of facing JH .....

who is to say on his first 5 touches he has 100 yds and 2 TDs already ? Who is too say that maybe this year you would have stuffed him ?  BUT when you say its a squad s squad your off when JH is on your team - just the fact of not knowing he would carry the ball, change of game calling , as i stated on an earlier post on 3 and 15 give the ball to JH and he will get you 17 , now you have to pass  with JH on the sideline.......Also last year JH willed his team to win and carried his team on his shoulders

again who knows what might have been but for the 3rd time you did what you did and got a great win......

Let's limit our discussion to FactsOnly.  Here they are:

1  Last year Beech had an incredible offensive line, similar to Henry County's the year before

2  You said "No one said BHS was a force on defense with Hurd"

3  In the back of my mind I'm thinking, Henry County didn't have the best back in the state, the number one recruit in the state, the number 4 back in the country, nor anyone who put of silly numbers on their defense last year either

4  You really didn't mean #2, but it did cost me a new keyboard (spewed Red Bull all over the old one, nearly choked)

Now the WhatIfsOnly:

1  Henry County played at home instead of on the road

2  Henry County hadn't turned over the ball 4 times in the first half, 3 of which were deep

3  Henry County had been the ESPN game opponent in 100 degree mid day weather with both lines being 2 deep and Beech playing both ways

4  Henry County had not also been a little let down with Hurd's injury

What ifs don't matter.  FactsOnly do.  The Fact is that the guy we stopped last night is incredible and probably won't be stopped again this year.  I wouldn't take so much away from him to say that Hurd would have been the difference maker last night.

Would hold your smell / Beech is a 4 or 5 win team now minus JH. 

You're absolutely correct. 

Congrats to Henry Co, but the reality of it is, they're really not that good. I'm honestly not trying to take anything away from the win, but other than their defensive line, there was nothing impressive about these guys all night. J Hurd would have not ran for 451 yards again and might have struggled going up the middle some, but once he got to the second level or around the outside, no one would have stopped him. He would have converted on all those HC fumbles, and with him back at safety, he also would have not allowed all those scores too. 

D Carter stepped in a tough spot. He's never been the guy that gets keyed in on, but he definitely got a taste of it last night with only 43 yards on 21 carries. Beech has a long way to go if they intend on winning any games against decent teams this year. I hope the Bucs can regroup and get a better game plan together going forward. 

You're absolutely correct. 

Congrats to Henry Co, but the reality of it is, they're really not that good. I'm honestly not trying to take anything away from the win, but other than their defensive line, there was nothing impressive about these guys all night. J Hurd would have not ran for 451 yards again and might have struggled going up the middle some, but once he got to the second level or around the outside, no one would have stopped him. He would have converted on all those HC fumbles, and with him back at safety, he also would have not allowed all those scores too. 

D Carter stepped in a tough spot. He's never been the guy that gets keyed in on, but he definitely got a taste of it last night with only 43 yards on 21 carries. Beech has a long way to go if they intend on winning any games against decent teams this year. I hope the Bucs can regroup and get a better game plan together going forward. 

As good as HC played last night, I am not sure if Beech could have won  even w/ Hurd, I do however agree that his presence would have changed the complexion of the game and it would have been more competitive.....

Having said that, you cannot w/ a straight face take anything away from what HC did last night, they played an amazing game.....

I knew the Hurd excuses would be out in force after that beating last night. Hurd is as good as any HS player I've seen. However, even Adrian Peterson can't run for TDs with 3 & 4 guys in the backfield every play. Hurd would've made this game closer but HC wins playing like last night. Beech only scored 2 times on the 1st team D & one was a very short field.

Since (according to Beech fans) Henry Co. cannot use last night's game/outcome as a measuring stick for talent,depth,ability, or toughness...I guess we'll just move on to the Ridgeway game in 2 weeks at Patriot Stadium to determine just how good the Patriots are! However, all Beech fans, Hurd supporters, Vol lovers, and any/all non-Patriot believers are also welcome to attend! The game begins at 7pm yet tailgating starts at around 4pm! Come see for yourself what Henry County is able to do against (what Beech fans would consider) a more worthy opponent!

Best of luck Bucs in your next 8 games..see you in November!...(thankfully -most likely in Paris)

Unfortunately..given the despair among the Beech faithful and the armchair QBs giving their senseless "what if's"...not one person has mentioned the atmosphere last night at Shackle Island Stadium!....I thought just one poster might say.."wow, I'm glad I was in attendance for such a great game between 2 great teams!"...great job to both communities for supporting their programs!

P.S. can anyone give me/us a total number for last night's gate? Also, an estimate for what the Beech FHA?? collected last night in parking fees?

Unfortunately..given the despair among the Beech faithful and the armchair QBs giving their senseless "what if's"...not one person has mentioned the atmosphere last night at Shackle Island Stadium!....I thought just one poster might say.."wow, I'm glad I was in attendance for such a great game between 2 great teams!"...great job to both communities for supporting their programs!

P.S. can anyone give me/us a total number for last night's gate? Also, an estimate for what the Beech FHA?? collected last night in parking fees?

I was at the game. I tell you this... Henry County is a class act. Nicest coaching staff I have dealt with to this date. The coaches, team, doctors, trainers, even bus drivers all class act. I believe Beech just played the 5 a state champs for 2013

• Upvote 1

Great job last night Patriots. Great performance by the a whole team. Beech was not ready for the team that went to Hendersonville last night. They can blame it on 5 days rest, no Hurd, or whatever.  Just remember they're the ones looking for something to blame the loss on. ROLL RED ROLL. One Game At A Time.