Dobyns-Bennett Offense

tennesseestud2013

I think you all are being too hard on your offense. They fought the entire game and if you ask me, the problem with your offense was because two of your main players, #4 and #35, were completely drained of energy in the fourth quarter from going both ways the entire time of a very heated well fought battle. Your guys will not face many more defenses like East Hamilton's. The Canes were constantly changing out players on defense to keep them fresh.

Good luck the rest of the year. We don't have the numbers like we use too.

At this point you have to cure the turnover, penalty problem. To bad the coaching staff has to waste time in practice teaching fundamentals. Players are supposed to learn this stuff in middle school but we're very weak in the coaching there. It's public school so you can't just fire them for doing a bad job.

I agree, our kids are not getting it at a young age. Valid point..

You guys have a very good team. Good luck to you the rest of the way. Hopefully we can come back to EH in a couple years and you guys will have indoor plumbing. Lol. Just joking. Good luck.

Hey, we are just lucky to have running water to water the field. Our first two years of football was played at different home locations due to not having a field. Our poor baseball team still has to travel everyday to find a field that will allow them to practice on. Not a good idea considering these are new drivers driving other kids younger than them and alot of times they are driving over 30 miles each way. Our school systems policy on sports facilities stinks and puts all our kids at risk!

DB has a long history of great teams and no doubt the one you have now is not far from being one of those teams. Good luck the rest of the season.

Good luck the rest of the year. We don't have the numbers like we use too.

It is the quality and experience of those numbers. Over half our team has never seen playing time in a varsity game. It really showed in our first game when a new starting offensive line took the field with NO experience. I will say they were much better this past Friday but they still have a longgggggg way to go to improve. Good luck to you all and I hope your kids can stay healthy and free of serious injury.

The Tribe will get better. EH is a very good team

Well, I personally think our old offense would work better. If Clark wants to keep it, I hope it works out. I understand we as DB fans want to win, but I will gladly admit if I wrong if the shotgun works. I thought before the year started we would stay with this offense. I know we lost Swafford, Foreman, and Cook, but I really think Dunn, Rogers, Casey and Holt can run this offense. They my not be as elusive, but I believe they can do the job. Our offensive line is supposed to be our strong suit and they have not blocked well. It goes back to fundamentals, something we have lacked for a long time.

Well, I personally think our old offense would work better. If Clark wants to keep it, I hope it works out. I understand we as DB fans want to win, but I will gladly admit if I wrong if the shotgun works. I thought before the year started we would stay with this offense. I know we lost Swafford, Foreman, and Cook, but I really think Dunn, Rogers, Casey and Holt can run this offense. They my not be as elusive, but I believe they can do the job. Our offensive line is supposed to be our strong suit and they have not blocked well. It goes back to fundamentals, something we have lacked for a long time.

Don't forget the offensive line is still missing Sensabaugh who might be the best lineman in East Tn. (on either side of the ball). Other teams will have to change what they like to do just because he's in the game. Maryville couldn't do anything with him if that tells you anything.

I have been around for awhile; go back to the Ooltewah hay days with my first kid. Let me start off with saying Dobyns Bennett is a well respect school thru out the state. Not many teams have instant team recognition you do. You also have world class fans not many schools can say that. There is a lot of respect at East Ham for the Indians.

I also think you guys are being a little hard on your team and here is why.

1. We were lucky to win the ball game any East Ham fan says different is on drugs or knows nothing about football.
  2. I am not sure if we won or you just blew it.
  3. 17 first downs, 238 yards rushing, 71 thru the air total 309 total yards of offense, those are good numbers. And you beat us in every category. ( don’t know if I would change the offense)
  4. Your team is young, and there are some studs out here that are going to get better each and every week.
  5. You killed your self with turnovers, 4 of them the last interception was heart breaking. These errors will fix it self over time just by gaining experience.
  6. You played a pretty good team, granted we are still learning but still a good team.
  7. You played on the road, a 4 hour long trip yes that is also a factor.
  8. You also got some penalties at the worst possible time, that hurt you a lot and yes some were questionable.

I watched the film, and most of your mistakes were lack of experience and again your coaching staff will learn from it and make adjustments, this team will get better. I do love all of the DB fans passion and wish you well….. But I would chalk up this one up to youth, playing on the road a long road, and playing a better then average team.

Long way to go this year, nobody is looking forward to the return trip next year. Watching the game and then on film all your kids play hard and never give up I hate to give a shot out to just one kid, but #4 is a freaking stud and a heck of a football player he has a motor that just will not quit he took some shots and bounced back better then before.

Good luck DB! We will be pulling for yall to win them all.

I have been around for awhile; go back to the Ooltewah hay days with my first kid. Let me start off with saying Dobyns Bennett is a well respect school thru out the state. Not many teams have instant team recognition you do. You also have world class fans not many schools can say that. There is a lot of respect at East Ham for the Indians.

I also think you guys are being a little hard on your team and here is why.

1. We were lucky to win the ball game any East Ham fan says different is on drugs or knows nothing about football.
  2. I am not sure if we won or you just blew it.
  3. 17 first downs, 238 yards rushing, 71 thru the air total 309 total yards of offense, those are good numbers. And you beat us in every category. ( don’t know if I would change the offense)
  4. Your team is young, and there are some studs out here that are going to get better each and every week.
  5. You killed your self with turnovers, 4 of them the last interception was heart breaking. These errors will fix it self over time just by gaining experience.
  6. You played a pretty good team, granted we are still learning but still a good team.
  7. You played on the road, a 4 hour long trip yes that is also a factor.
  8. You also got some penalties at the worst possible time, that hurt you a lot and yes some were questionable.

I watched the film, and most of your mistakes were lack of experience and again your coaching staff will learn from it and make adjustments, this team will get better. I do love all of the DB fans passion and wish you well….. But I would chalk up this one up to youth, playing on the road a long road, and playing a better then average team.

Long way to go this year, nobody is looking forward to the return trip next year. Watching the game and then on film all your kids play hard and never give up I hate to give a shot out to just one kid, but #4 is a freaking stud and a heck of a football player he has a motor that just will not quit he took some shots and bounced back better then before.

Good luck DB! We will be pulling for yall to win them all.

Good post. Also on your shout out.Number 4 comes from a great family that builds fine young men before the sports in figured into the mix.It just happens that the whole family is pretty darn good at sports to boot.

Congrats to malik foreman on the interception Saturday. I'm sure ya'll were tickled about that. I have a feeling we'll be seeing him make a lot of big plays this year.

That was awsome to see. AP was kinda' picking on him but he finally made them pay. Swafford was in the game alot and played well also. They both have a rough road ahead though. Baptism by Fire.

For all those that have so much faith the coaching staff will "figure it out"...let me remind you that had there not been an injury last year to the starting QB, we may never have seen what Foreman was capable of....and he may have been at Centre College instead of making the INT on Saturday. I mean why would they change both the QB and RB in the Farragut game deep in DB territory and promptly fumble the exchange....why wasn't Holt in there late in a tie game at EHHS where they could have drove the ball for the winning score? I heard some excuse about Holt had to come out in the Farragut game for some official reason. Not sure of the excuse...uh I mean reason why Holt was not in there last week in a tie game and he had 150+ yards rushing already.

Edited by maroonandgrey