New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Im not sure what level of competition Columbia Academy has played but they come to WC in a couple of weeks.

I agree Columbia Academy's worthiness is an unknown as their 5-0 record is built on wins against teams with combined records of 7-21. Anxious to see how they fare against a decent Wayne County team and their legendary "home cooking".

Columbia Academy is definitely a little overrated. The schedule is somewhat soft most years. They had a young team last year when they came to SP in the first round. I believe they came in last year with a record of 7-3 and gave up 50 points in the first half to a SP team that had only 5 seniors.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Sonny Moore knows what SOME refuse to acknowledge! Sonny's numbers don't lie or embellish. Just the cold hard facts.

1A Rankings - http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm#classes

113 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN 1A 6 0 0 90.26 109.44

120 SOUTH PITTSBURG 1A 5 1 0 68.68 108.99

123 UNION CITY 1A 4 1 0 95.70 108.52

124 GREENBACK 1A 4 1 0 97.00 108.39

131 DRESDEN 1A 4 2 0 98.19 106.58

155 HUMBOLDT 1A 5 0 0 87.68 103.66

163 WAYNE COUNTY 1A 3 3 0 87.45 102.03

191 COALFIELD 1A 3 2 0 93.89 97.78

192 COLUMBIA ACADEMY 1A 5 0 0 77.67 97.76

207 GORDONSVILLE 1A 3 3 0 88.81 96.00

images.jpg    flying%20high.jpg  imagesCAAXHRH2.jpg

Don't lie huh? Didnt NCS have to forfeit a game which game them one loss?

Edited by piratetom

Don't lie huh? Didnt NCS have to forfeit a game which game them one loss?

Yep, but the game was played and the numbers used in the sonnymoore algorithm are valid - final score, etc.  Once again, these polls/ratings don't mean a thing.  But sure is fun to see your team at the top of someone's list........ Especially when it's the first time ever.  

Yep, but the game was played and the numbers used in the sonnymoore algorithm are valid - final score, etc.  Once again, these polls/ratings don't mean a thing.  But sure is fun to see your team at the top of someone's list........ Especially when it's the first time ever.  

I hear ya. Congrats on having a fine season so far.

Lol, I guess you didn't eat enough crow from the last predictions you made against Humboldt! Since, you are always on the 13a or 14a boards you must be nervous that your team will have to play someone! Your team can have the number 1 rating if that's what you are so concern with! The Viking & coach Reid are taking one game at a time & can care less about a ranking, only worried about getting better after each game! Hopefully, we will be fine tune before playoffs start, need to get McLilly back on the field this week so he can be full force come November!!!!

87,  I agree with you about this guy.  Always seems to be looking for a chance to put the Vikes down..just my opinion.  Humboldt's Schedule Strength may be pretty weak, but don't take away the talent of the kids.  I will say i had my doubts and concerns about this year's team, but the whole atmosphere is different in the field house and on the sidelines this year.  I like what I see. 

Now as far as UC goes, from what I see and read, they are a great football team.  Humboldt will definitely have their hands more than full.  But the reality of it is, anything can happen on any given night.  thats why I love sports.  you never know what is going to happen.

As far as McLilly, don't expect him to play.  If he does, then great.  If he don't, thats fine too.  We have done just fine so far this year.  he will only add to the explosiveness of the Offense.

Good luck to all the teams the rest of the year. 

I'll give my opinion of this year's NCS team...

The NCS line is good, with decent size, except for #50 who is really a man among boys. I think he's listed at 6'-6" 265lbs and he knows how to use his size. A lot of big linemen you see in 1A play soft or don't know how to use their size, this guy plays tough! I was most impressed with him more than anything. Put it this way, I want Tennessee to sign him. The NCS tailback is good as well but I wasn't as impressed. He has good size and speed but he's still learning to play the position. Don't get me wrong, the ceiling is high for him but he's just not there yet. After these two guys, the talent level starts to fall off. They have a few others that are really good players but nothing that any other good 1A team doesn't have.

So I would rank them just below the teams that have represented the west the past several years in the state championship. Not to be overly critical of NCS because I think they're a good team, but to list reasons why I rank them this way...I think the biggest thing that comes to mind is their physicality. Overall, their players aren't as physical as some of the previous teams from the West. Maybe that changes for them between now and playoff time but for now I say that will hurt them. Keep in mind that most of the teams from the West the last few years have had A LOT of seniors. The other thing that I'd mention is they didn't appear to have as much depth as some of the past teams from the west. So basically I think they're good but just not quite there yet. Again, maybe that changes between now and playoff time but for now I say the semi-finals is as far as they go.

• Upvote 1

So 38 pancake blocks in ONE game isn't physical?

I guess that depends on who you're playing. #50 could have that in one game by himself but that doesn't make the team physical. I'm referring to their overall physicality. Against JB I saw guys shying away from tackles to let others make the play. Guys not taking on blocks when they should have...

Edited by MOTO24

Sonny Moore knows what SOME refuse to acknowledge! Sonny's numbers don't lie or embellish. Just the cold hard facts.

1A Rankings - http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm#classes

113 NASHVILLE CHRISTIAN 1A 6 0 0 90.26 109.44

120 SOUTH PITTSBURG 1A 5 1 0 68.68 108.99

123 UNION CITY 1A 4 1 0 95.70 108.52

124 GREENBACK 1A 4 1 0 97.00 108.39

131 DRESDEN 1A 4 2 0 98.19 106.58

155 HUMBOLDT 1A 5 0 0 87.68 103.66

163 WAYNE COUNTY 1A 3 3 0 87.45 102.03

191 COALFIELD 1A 3 2 0 93.89 97.78

192 COLUMBIA ACADEMY 1A 5 0 0 77.67 97.76

207 GORDONSVILLE 1A 3 3 0 88.81 96.00

images.jpg    flying%20high.jpg  imagesCAAXHRH2.jpg

My guess is we can't hold on to the top spot after tonight.  We could beat East Robertson, 60-0, and we'll still drop.  They are ranked #275 out of 339 high schools.  And you and I both know a certain coach that would never run the score up on anyone (unless maybe we were playing UT) ;)  . 

I'm not going to scroll back looking for this, but someone made the statement about Ezell Harding. The statement was made they are a strong D2 team. Whoever said that please don't speak anymore. They lost to Kings Academy last night. If you look back through history, Kings Academy is one of the worst all time programs in TN high school football history. LMBO