New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

ambassador,

east nasvhille isn't new at all. they have been around for years. actually, that's where oprah winfrey graduated from before going to TSU, lol. Anyway, they are considered a "magnet" school here in nashville. They've been under that unbrella for about 8-10 years I think, then again i may be off a few years. They're located about 2.5-3 miles east of downtown nashville.

I'm curious about this East Nashville team. They are a new school. Does anyone know where the school's demographics are listed?

Good question. I did a little research and found this and more. A magnet school with 1,200 students and no academic qualifications other than a desire to go there. A football coach's dream. They are going to be a force to be reckoned with. Their coach is in his second year there and has turned the program around. They were a losing school prior to his ascension

to head coach. Almost like a private school (can draw from other schools within Davidson County) without the tuition and academic standards!

About Coach Brian Waite - http://www.examiner.com/article/fulfilling-a-dream-waite-named-east-literature-head-football-coach

http://www.eastnashvillemagnet.mnps.org/Page4038.aspx

East Nashville Magnet School is a thematic magnet school located in the heart of historic East Nashville. There are no entrance qualifications for our school. Students just have to express a desire to participate in this Paideia-based, college preparatory program by submitting an application for the Fall selection process.

Our school reopened as East Literature Magnet School in the fall of 1993 as a school-within- a-school on the campus of East  Middle School. The magnet school now fills the entire campus of the historic East Nashville High School and East Nashville Junior High School. In September 2005, we dedicated our new unified campus and celebrated the completion of the renovations of our buildings. In the summer of 2012, our school changed its name to East Nashville Magnet School to honor our history while highlighting our magnet status. We are the only public school program serving grade five through twelve in Davidson County. With both a middle school building and a high school building, we are able to successfully address the unique needs of both programs. Our total enrollment exceeds 1200 students.

All I have to say is the "work study program" at NCS is working great. Jeff Brothers brought it to NCS. After all he was used to it at Brentwood Academy and JP. Just get in D2 where you belong NCS.

Of course for almost 40 years it wasn't an issue for you as long as NCS was losing from 1971-2009. Four years of winning football and a trip to the semi's last year and now it's a problem. Whine all you want, NCS is in 1A for the next 3 years, so deal with Mr. Whiner

But just admit your in the wrong division. So how does the McEwen and Houston Counties of the world compete with private schools that give financial aid in D1?

And your wrong they did win before they did "work study". This is a Jeff Brothers thing.

Edited by BlahBlah1

But just admit your in the wrong division. So how does the McEwen and Houston Counties of the world compete with private schools that give financial aid in D1?

And your wrong they did win before they did "work study". This is a Jeff Brothers thing.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Do some research on NCS and financial aid.  It's been discussed ad nauseum on here.  When you can come back with a coherent argument, let us know.  Let me help you out here a little.

ad nauseuman argument made repeatedly (possibly by different people) until nobody cares to discuss it any more

coherentlogically connected; consistent

Did research. Are you saying you don't have a "work study" program that athletes are participating??

I'm saying I don't have the time or energy to go over this again.  You are unfortunately the 113th person to whine about this since we started winning a few ball games.  Like Art said, get used to it - it will continue for the foreseeable future.

Here's another thread you can jump on to better educate yourself.  You will make good company for the other crybabies over there............

Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

I'm saying I don't have the time or energy to go over this again.  You are unfortunately the 113th person to whine about this since we started winning a few ball games.  Like Art said, get used to it - it will continue for the foreseeable future.

Here's another thread you can jump on to better educate yourself.  You will make good company for the other crybabies over there............

Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

I am unable to find where you, or anyone else, explained this previously. Does NCS have a "work-study" program of any kind? It is a yes-no question, so surely you can find the time and energy to provide that.

P.S. I am not taking sides and am not trying to give you (or anyone else) a hard time - I am just curious.

I am unable to find where you, or anyone else, explained this previously. Does NCS have a "work-study" program of any kind? It is a yes-no question, so surely you can find the time and energy to provide that.

P.S. I am not taking sides and am not trying to give you (or anyone else) a hard time - I am just curious.

Thank You. I think I hit a nerve.