Lyric Muncey Best Ever Outside of Knoxville

K2ruth

TT, I am not harassing you. Those were your words. Karns is not out of anybody's "league"

Every other poster on this board is favorable of Seviers. She is a great player. There is nothing wrong about that. She is one of the best in Knoxville. You have several good players, but none are in her "league!"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, I am not K2ruth.  I dont know who that is even so we used to be with K2. 

That was a good match last night with the dragons and beavers.  Seviers is a really good player and there are a few other atheltes on the karns team also.  I agree that Lyric did not perform well last night at all (and it is actually spelled Muncy) lol.  She actually had a bit of food poisoning apparantely from a big mac a couple of hours earlier.  She was really nauseous the whole game but fought through it.  She missed most of her serves and just didnt get into a groove of hitting.  That was her worst game this season.  We have a few other good players too, but we just struggled to get going.  I am done with excuses now. lol

With that being said, I thought karns was better than that.  We talked on the way home that they must have been down a little last night because we played really bad for 80% of the match, but actually stayed within striking distance most of the time. 

The bad thing is, you cant drop any district games any more because of only playing each other one time.  I guess we will have to hope for a rematch in districts!  We have Oak Ridge tonight, so we will have our hands full again.

Go Dragons!!

We are not that good when it all comes down to it. Can we (knoxville area volleyball fans) start to understand that other than about 4 teams in our area, the others are not that great. Yea we can beat clinton and OR but lets be serious. Clinton and OR and Karns for that matter, are not that good. A lot of it has to do with coaching and alot of it has to do with what club you play at. PR doesn't have the staff nor the players that K2 has. This is not a hit on any one player or club, it's just the facts. Our district stinks hwen it's all said and done. There will not be a member of our district representing knoxville in Murfreesboro. I can promise you that. The Karns players are OK. The clinton players are OK. We just are not great. Hopefully with time and a NEW coach we will get better. What colleges are looking at the Muncy girl? Does anyone know?

We were hoping that this was our year to get past districts, but we have struggled when we needed to do better.  We can play pretty good, but it just hasnt happened when we need it to happen.  We graduated our libero last year.  She went to Webber International University in Florida to play indoor and beach. We have really struggled with passing the ball up to the setter so far this season but it is still early.  Its up to the girls now.  They have to want it.

There have been several colleges look at Lyric this past year.  We are going to do a couple of showcases again this coming club season and see what happens.  She is a young senior so this is her last year.  Thanks for all the positive comments you all have said about Lyric.  She is a great young lady with a big heart and loves playing.

Go Dragons!

We are not that good when it all comes down to it. Can we (knoxville area volleyball fans) start to understand that other than about 4 teams in our area, the others are not that great. Yea we can beat clinton and OR but lets be serious. Clinton and OR and Karns for that matter, are not that good. A lot of it has to do with coaching and alot of it has to do with what club you play at. PR doesn't have the staff nor the players that K2 has. This is not a hit on any one player or club, it's just the facts. Our district stinks hwen it's all said and done. There will not be a member of our district representing knoxville in Murfreesboro. I can promise you that. The Karns players are OK. The clinton players are OK. We just are not great. Hopefully with time and a NEW coach we will get better. What colleges are looking at the Muncy girl? Does anyone know?

For peaksakes Big Blue! I am AMAZED and totally in AWE of how you put down your team and coach whenever you get a chance, if I am correct YOUR daughter plays for KW and on PR! If you don't have faith in YOUR own coach then why have you stayed at Karns and PR for that matter?!

I haven't gotten to watch Karns this season until last night and I was impressed how well they played. They definitely are NOT the top team to beat, but played with heart! Get off your high horse Big Blue and SUPPORT your team!

Flyer....First of all I don't sugar coat things and I call it like I see it. I support my team but I'm not going to lie about them. Sorry, I'm not that kind of fan. I'm not a sheep. When we play GOOD volleyball I'll let you know. When we play BAD volleyball I'll let you know. When I think our coach is doing a great job coaching our girls, I'll let you know. When I think our coach is doing a BAD job coaching our girls, I'll let you know. Remember , this is just my humble opinion. I'm not slamming your opinion. I'm just giving you mine.

• 3 weeks later...