RUNNING THE SCORE UP...2013 Edition

CHAMPDDS

LOL......thank you for clearing that up, boys.  Believe it or not, I actually have that knowledge....I just don't feel very quick on the keyboard and often write (your) to save time.  Funny....never struck me as the professor/academia type fellow. :mellow:  My bad.....!

Boogerstone is yur key to success

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boog is the least of my worries.....the Skillet Slinger would have both of you hog-tied in mere seconds.  She allows for my ramblings as long as she agrees with them and two leprechauns aren't going to be much of a match for her. (consider yourselves warned)  She a dynamo and she would change Booger into Snot in just a few seconds. :blush:

Champ into Chump......er, well....you get the picture. 

:thumb:  

• 2 weeks later...

This whole argument is really about money. Kaz talks about unfairness but continually points out "50 miles" and costs associated with club soccer. Access to club players is the biggest advantage.

You know what Kaz? I drive 90 miles three days a week year round for my daughter to play on one of the top teams in the country. I also make arrangements for her to travel every year to Atlanta numerous times, Washington DC, Chicago, Memphis, St Louis, etc... We could move closer to her club practice facility but we CHOOSE to remain in our rural area.

My wife and I are as middle class as it gets but we budget for soccer just like we do for everything else. We can't afford to take vacations because those soccer expenses take those disposable $$$ away.

My suggestion to you is if you want better players immediately carpool to a club that can improve the soccer in your area/school or MOVE. This "level" playing field you speak of is really about your obvious resentment of those who sacrifice financially for their kids.

Lastly, the asterisk you stated that goes with some state titles is nowhere to be found in the TSSAA rules or on its website. So, making that statement is nothing more than taking a cheap shot at the commitment made by those families and schools.

Club soccer makes a big difference in the girl's play.  It does take some extra money and a large commitment from the player and parents. My daughter does and loves it. She quit softball to do it, but had no regrets.

The biggest issue I find in the rural schools is that over half of the team will have girls that play multiple sports at the school. They can't fit in club soccer as it conflicts with basketball or softball. I know it is an issue in our area and surrounding counties.  If they play AAU basketball or travel softball, it can be expensive also.

I do budget this as it is not cheap, but not overly expensive. I sometimes use a tournament weekend as a vacation, but the girls might not see it that way! It is worth it to watch her play and improve, but I know not everyone can afford it or find a team to play on.  Just my 2 cents.

I only know of a handful of kids who are elite club soccer players that don't play other sports. Basketball is particularly good at helping see spacing and movement.

Vandys coach admittingly likes kids that play basketball per an article on their website.

Also, most small private schools have many kids who play on multiple teams because of numbers.

This whole argument is really about money. Kaz talks about unfairness but continually points out "50 miles" and costs associated with club soccer. Access to club players is the biggest advantage.

You know what Kaz? I drive 90 miles three days a week year round for my daughter to play on one of the top teams in the country. I also make arrangements for her to travel every year to Atlanta numerous times, Washington DC, Chicago, Memphis, St Louis, etc... We could move closer to her club practice facility but we CHOOSE to remain in our rural area.

My wife and I are as middle class as it gets but we budget for soccer just like we do for everything else. We can't afford to take vacations because those soccer expenses take those disposable $$$ away.

My suggestion to you is if you want better players immediately carpool to a club that can improve the soccer in your area/school or MOVE. This "level" playing field you speak of is really about your obvious resentment of those who sacrifice financially for their kids.

Lastly, the asterisk you stated that goes with some state titles is nowhere to be found in the TSSAA rules or on its website. So, making that statement is nothing more than taking a cheap shot at the commitment made by those families and schools.

gotta blame it on sumpin' if yur not willin to accept sponsibility for it Playerscoach....there is club soccer out there for them if they want it....I know we have 2 girls that are practicing with boogerettes team now and assume will join the team at some point; their parents alternate driving the girls almost an hour each direction to get them touches on the ball with this particular team.....WHY? - touches touches touches....we have posters on here that will lay their lives and tears down on the BooHoo rag blaming all their life losses and ability to be competitive on the PUBS; when all they have to do is find some way to get more girls to get more touches on the ball...the majority of the girls on Boogerettes HS team touch the ball all year round on club teams and do footskills traing with different instuctors and we loss 8 games this year....You don't hear Booger whining about it being unfair that we probably got beat by just a darn better team that probably had more girls that worked harder and longer than ours did.....Booger just sayin :twisted: