RUNNING THE SCORE UP...2013 Edition

CHAMPDDS

It's the playoffs.....this just in Future State Champion Knox Catholic 12 Scott Co. 0.

CAK 6 Oneida 0.....no one would actually believe this by that score but Oneida has a solid soccer team for a rural school.  They return every player next season too and they still won't get out of their district because A-AA is the private school playgroundThat is a fact!  And it is a UNFAIR one.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure.....and if our school had players that "specialize" in a specific sport, I'm sure they would spend 300+ days a year improving in that particular sport.  This rural school don't have that luxury partner.....most of the particularly "good" athletes play soccer, basketball, and softball just for our school to have teams in those sports.  Facilities....?  Heck, you won't find a soccer establishment within 50 miles of here bud. (YeeHee, let's just take our factory money and drive over to the "club")  Your "closet" should be lined with trophies with teams that have the same advantages your school does!!!  Oh, sorry bud.....your not going to beat CAK or Catholic EITHER! :blush:  Sorry to bust your bubble chief but you don't put as much of that hard earned cash to the program as they do.  I heard they have sent TEAMS for training down in Brandenburg, Florida.  Sorry the factory don't pay that much.....we just happy when we get a new uniform!  

I'd call any championship played by schools with the same advantages to be a true championshipWhether it lives up to your expectations is beside the point.  A-AA is just the financial aid division....don't believe that.....look up the girl's soccer champions over the last, oh, 12 years.....?  Talk about easy titles....the privates are being handed them in numerous sports!

:oops:

Yes, chief, I know how good KC and CAK are. I've actually seen them play, chief. Which games have you seen ND play, chief? I've already crowned KC the team to beat this year, chief. As far as pouring $$$ into a program, chief, that has nothing to do with it. You obviously have never seen our facilities, chief. Keeping the players playing 300 days a year, creating a culture where players dream of playing when they are 4th graders, and having a great academic program, are how programs are built, chief. Man, driving 50 miles must be such a burden, I'll send you a gas card.

I'll be waiting on the gas card.....!  You hit every nail on the head with your answer.....I fully expected to get charged up by my post.  Why.....because you want to deny everything I just said, which happens to be the unaltered truth.  Putting $$$ into the program has nothing to do with it.....?  I'm calling bluff on that one,,,,seen your facilities (and CAK and Catholics 2)....if I was a SOCCER  player, I know which one I would go to.....!  Your pick is easy....decide who is better (CAK or Catholic) and there you go.  50-50 chance of getting it right! :huh: Hee Hee.....sorry reffering to you as Chief bugs you,

Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the TSSAA to carve out another division, filled with girls soccer only schools, who have to use athletes from other sports to fill the team, and don't have a soccer establishment within 50 miles.  That will level the playing field.  Oh, and since ND can't compete with CAK or KC based on $$$, facilities, players, they really ought to be in a different division, too, since that isn't really fair to us. Don't forget the suburban public schools, filled with talent rich soccer players.  They are out, too!  And the urban magnet schools, they recruit! I am actually seeing where you are coming from.  There should be 50 divisions, so everyone has a fair chance against schools that most resemble them.  Utopia in high school sports!  It can happen!!!

Although I agree with kazam that money plays way too important a role in U.S. soccer, I don't think it's fair to say that private schools are "handed" titles.  The boys and girls who attend those schools do condition and practice, after all, and most of them, especially if they're at a school who fancies itself competitive, have coaches who demand hard work.  Certainly, the PUBS have a huge advantage over rural schools, especially at the A/AA level, whether it be facilities within the program or top-level club soccer in the area.  But those advantages do not translate directly into championships; rather, it's the work that the players and coaches put in.

Yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the TSSAA to carve out another division, filled with girls soccer only schools, who have to use athletes from other sports to fill the team, and don't have a soccer establishment within 50 miles.  That will level the playing field.  Oh, and since ND can't compete with CAK or KC based on $$$, facilities, players, they really ought to be in a different division, too, since that isn't really fair to us. Don't forget the suburban public schools, filled with talent rich soccer players.  They are out, too!  And the urban magnet schools, they recruit! I am actually seeing where you are coming from.  There should be 50 divisions, so everyone has a fair chance against schools that most resemble them.  Utopia in high school sports!  It can happen!!!

This just happened:

I5d10F3.jpg