RUNNING THE SCORE UP...2013 Edition

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Access to Indoor Facilities, Soccer Complexs, on school facilities look like they were made for a small college, sport specific athletes (bet your Tennis Champion plays just tennis), if you have athlete playing multiple sports it is because they desire to try something else, a lot of the coaches don't even teach therefore they have ample time to prep their players, if a player (any gifted athlete) wants to attend your school he/she WILL get in, the urban setting just enhances the privates ability to get quality athletes into their schools (big population + elite facilities).  The perfect example of my stance is Grace Christian Academy.....they built it, and the athletes are coming out of the woodwork!  How would one explain a school in existance a decade so quickly competing for State Titles unless they had some kind of advantage.  It won't be long before they are in the same sentence with CAK and KC.

Kaz

Access to Indoor Facilities, Soccer Complexs, on school facilities look like they were made for a small college, sport specific athletes (bet your Tennis Champion plays just tennis), if you have athlete playing multiple sports it is because they desire to try something else, a lot of the coaches don't even teach therefore they have ample time to prep their players, if a player (any gifted athlete) wants to attend your school he/she WILL get in, the urban setting just enhances the privates ability to get quality athletes into their schools (big population + elite facilities).  The perfect example of my stance is Grace Christian Academy.....they built it, and the athletes are coming out of the woodwork!  How would one explain a school in existance a decade so quickly competing for State Titles unless they had some kind of advantage.  It won't be long before they are in the same sentence with CAK and KC.

Kaz

Now Kaz I can agree with some of that. The Access to things and population do make a difference. School facilities not so much. Apparently, you've never seen what ND plays on. Sorry, Lepuercaun Nation, but your field lacks. :mrgreen:  Matter of fact, some of the best fields I've seen are not in the urban areas.

Does ND, CCS, CAK, KC, CPA cheat? Why No. Do their players and parents have easier access to fields, better training during the off season, year round select teams...Why Yes. Is that Fair?  Maybe, Maybe not. I have never seen this debate on the AAA side. In AAA, All the soccer state champions have come from urban areas or out laying urban areas where soccer is Hot and for the reasons I have mentioned.  

For these schools soccer is just part of the culture. They live it, breath it, and think about it 365 days a year. Hopefully, one day your area will be a hot bed for soccer. A good example, that it can be done is White House. That area made an investment sometime ago and I got to see their boys at the big dance last year. :rolleyes:

Hang in there Kaz, and Mr. DeKalb....Im rooting for you to make soccer a hot bed in your area. You've already made the first step............YOU CARE and thats where it starts. B)

Good Luck Guys

I

Grace is actually a perfect example of a school building a soccer culture well before the high school years.  They don't have elite facilities for soccer, unless you count having a field, and perhaps a few bleachers.  They start them early in soccer, and it is paying off.  In fact, thinking about the A/AA privates in Chattanooga, I can't think of any of them having elite facilities in soccer, with perhaps the exception of CCS, which was really for football.  I have coached kids in all of these schools, primarily the ones leading up to ND and the schools are building a culture of soccer, and the kids want to be a part of it.  It isn't the facilities, it's the pride.  And yes, they train 300 days a year.  And yes, because they are part of small schools, they also populate the track team, the softball team, etc.  So we have a bunch of soccer players running track, which means our track teams don't usually excel.  I guess that isn't fair to us, but we don't make a habit of complaining about shortfalls due to our low enrollment.  Sometimes it just sucks being a small school.  Anyway, best wishes for your school and the kids that represent it.

It is always easy to take the high road.  Far less stressful for you too.  Grace is a perfect example of culture?  I say it is more like a perfect example of $$$.... :o   Haven't you seen "Field of Dreams"?  If you build it they will come.....!  I'm off the soapbox because it is always going to be a pointless argument.....$$$$ always wins in society, if it didn't the TSSAA would division their schools according to the environment they operate under. ND, CCS, KC, CAK, GCA, and CPA are all just using the monoply they recieved years ago to benefit from small schools that don't play by the same rules they do.  So they will continue to dominate in the division A-AA (private division) because, culture or not, they have rules that allow them to create "built" teams.  Need one more exceptional sweeper.....lets go find one!  Like I said....you would never know it by the score, but Oneida has a solid soccer team and they bring everybody back next year, but they will still finish behind CAK and KC....because those teams can replace the players they lose by "finding" new ones. :thumb:

Wow!  Kazam is a little fired up wouldn't you say?  I didn't know that all it took was $$$$ to have a great team!!  Need to tell my 2 girls that the last 7 years of hard work, sweat and effort to make themselves better in a sport they love were a total waste of their time!!  What does a good "sweeper" go for these days?  Couple a grand??  Oh well, I'll have time to think about it more next year as I watch my oldest play at the next level in college!