RUNNING THE SCORE UP...2013 Edition

CHAMPDDS

I22, your no different than the rest.  The $$$ I'm referring to has nothing to do with a parent's desire to put their daughter in a better situation.  You miss the whole point...which doesn't surprise me...because you only have one perspective.....yours.  I'm not fired up in the least.  Since I spent too much time here, I'll spare you.  The sweeper comment is way off....the intention was that the private school can go out and "recruit" (such a dirty word in HS) a gifted player from around the area. (easy to do in an urban area)  Once they have located a "prospect" then all they have to do is get them enrolled. (bet that is hard!)  Glad your oldest is in college.....since she just spend 4 years in one!  lol  

You will just never get it, so who cares.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks MVM.  We beat Warren County.  Got a rematch with Cleveland on Tuesday.  Between boys and girls, we have seen them too many times in this region semi game!

Be careful with that Cleveland team. :hungry:  Their Coach has a way of getting them up for Big games and does a good job as you know. I remember when my daughter played, we would beat them handlely during the regular season, but come playoff time...Whew what games, close, tight, and intense B)

Even though they lost in PKs the other night, I think they'll come out strong Tuesday. They seem to be peaking at the right time. LUCK... Wish I could see it.

I22, your no different than the rest.  The $$$ I'm referring to has nothing to do with a parent's desire to put their daughter in a better situation.  You miss the whole point...which doesn't surprise me...because you only have one perspective.....yours.  I'm not fired up in the least.  Since I spent too much time here, I'll spare you.  The sweeper comment is way off....the intention was that the private school can go out and "recruit" (such a dirty word in HS) a gifted player from around the area. (easy to do in an urban area)  Once they have located a "prospect" then all they have to do is get them enrolled. (bet that is hard!)  Glad your oldest is in college.....since she just spend 4 years in one!  lol  

K37, a question? How much social engineering will it take to make you happy in this regard. If the tuition schools are put in their own division, will that really get your favorite team closer to a title, or will the next target be separate categories for rural and urban schools? And, then will you want a division for teams whose girls play multiple sports? I get what you are arguing, but  I've always believed to be the best you have to beat the best and kids aren't stupid. Any kid in Tennessee who has won a state title knows in their heart that the hardware came with an asterick.

I predict McMinn vs Cleveland in the playoffs. They were very tough, it was a battle the entire game. I personally hope to see Cleveland again and then again. You are right somehow they just won't go away and perhaps it is the coach or the good group of girls they have.

Be careful with that Cleveland team. :hungry: Their Coach has a way of getting them up for Big games and does a good job as you know. I remember when my daughter played, we would beat them handlely during the regular season, but come playoff time...Whew what games, close, tight, and intense B)

Even though they lost in PKs the other night, I think they'll come out strong Tuesday. They seem to be peaking at the right time. LUCK... Wish I could see it.

It is always easy to take the high road.  Far less stressful for you too.  Grace is a perfect example of culture?  I say it is more like a perfect example of $$$.... :o   Haven't you seen "Field of Dreams"?  If you build it they will come.....!  I'm off the soapbox because it is always going to be a pointless argument.....$$$$ always wins in society, if it didn't the TSSAA would division their schools according to the environment they operate under. ND, CCS, KC, CAK, GCA, and CPA are all just using the monoply they recieved years ago to benefit from small schools that don't play by the same rules they do.  So they will continue to dominate in the division A-AA (private division) because, culture or not, they have rules that allow them to create "built" teams.  Need one more exceptional sweeper.....lets go find one!  Like I said....you would never know it by the score, but Oneida has a solid soccer team and they bring everybody back next year, but they will still finish behind CAK and KC....because those teams can replace the players they lose by "finding" new ones. :thumb:

LOL...You are the master B) .....

K37, little buddy, believe it or not, I do get it.  After attending public schools from pre-k through 8th grade, we had the opportunity to attend a private school for the education.  They did not even know my daughter played soccer and were pleasantly surprised to find out she was a decent player.  She has the opportunity to play college ball, not because of the high school she attends, but because of the travel team she has played with for the past 7 years.  WE made the decision to spend $$$$ to allow our daughter to follow her dreams.  So sorry that the rich, private schools are coming to your little town to recruit all your "gifted players".  We play high school ball for the fun of it and every now and then we win a few games.  When we lose, we don't blame the other teams and cry foul cause its not fair, we learn from it and try to do better next time.  Good luck next year!

RR, It might get them closer?  Who knows....I'm more interested in seeing teams compete that have the same standards applied.  I'm not certain what our overall record was, but ours 5 losses were 3 times to what will be the eventual State Champions and the other to were one goal losses (one in OT) to two other schools much like our own.  I had absolutely no gripe with those schools because they operate under the same standards we do.  You know if that makes me a Savant, then so be it.  It should be noted that I am really NOT in opposition to getting a private school education or regard any of the religious stances they uphold.  Those are worthy endeavors in this "crazy" world we live in....I applaud schools that represent the moral right.  Nothing I say will change the situation other than to cast an eye towards those teams that work just as hard but don't have the nessessary devices that allow them to compete with schools that do have the resources to continually field basically stocked teams.  How else would you explain the repetative dominance of private schools winning State Championships.  How about playing for a title with no asterisk?

:thumb: Kazam :thumb: