Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier County

tennesseestud2013

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears win if they take what DB gives them. 2 safeties  run it, 8 in the box  throw it. Dont try and force 750 yards passing when they are giving 8 yards per carry. The defense is improving fast so that is a plus. I think the bears have so many weapons they are scrambling on how or who to use and when. Its a rhythm thing and they didnt have it for MoEast. When they do have it they are impressive. I know this rivalry and DB is the heavy favorite most of the time. This time the bears are probably the favorite but Im not sure they are hungry yet. I think they may pull this one out then Maryville wakes them up with a good old fashion butt whippin. Then the rest of the season begins.

My prediction Bears 35 DB 14

GoBears!!!!

The best chance DB has is controlling the football and keeping the Sevier Co. offense off the field. For the past ten years the Indians pass defense has been for the most part putting pressure on the quarterback. When a team protects the quarterback they will put up big numbers in the passing dept. DB can't just outscore people this year.

I remember last year DB DESTROYED Sevier County 51-21 in the regular season, but only won against them 28-21 in the playoffs. I guess losing Chris Cook hurt us that bad? What could have been. It's really turning into a good rivalry with all the close games they've had against each other over the past 2 years..

Edited by DBIndian91

I remember last year DB DESTROYED Sevier County 51-21 in the regular season, but only won against them 28-21 in the playoffs. I guess losing Chris Cook hurt us that bad? What could have been. It's really turning into a good rivalry with all the close games they've had against each other over the past 2 years..

It's hard to beat a well coached team twice.Sevier County has had some great teams since they broke that 17 or 18 game regular season losing streak back in the seventies.I was on the bad side of that score wearing Greene Devil colors.The knoxville paper called them the bad news bears after the game.My step brother in the early eighties was a Bear and went on to play college ball.

Edited by BatmanDB

Worse possible situation for DB. Sevier county played terrible on offense last week. Normally do not have back to back bad games. But their defense played great, could be the same effect on the D for the worse. Bears must handle front pressure from DB d line and try and slow down DB running game.

Bears 31-21

The Bears win if they take what DB gives them. 2 safeties  run it, 8 in the box  throw it. Dont try and force 750 yards passing when they are giving 8 yards per carry. The defense is improving fast so that is a plus. I think the bears have so many weapons they are scrambling on how or who to use and when. Its a rhythm thing and they didnt have it for MoEast. When they do have it they are impressive. I know this rivalry and DB is the heavy favorite most of the time. This time the bears are probably the favorite but Im not sure they are hungry yet. I think they may pull this one out then Maryville wakes them up with a good old fashion butt whippin. Then the rest of the season begins.

My prediction Bears 35 DB 14

GoBears!!!!

I'd have to agree with your analogy. That was one ugly game to watch. The coaches and offense were completly out of sync the whole game. Our coaches have to take what the defense gives us and quit trying to force a round peg into a square hole. Also would like to see Dorian get the ball out more on the edge with those toss sweeps or a screen pass instead of between the tackles so much. Hope Hayes ankle sprain isn't as bad as it appears because he had a noticable limp and didn't run very well afterwards. Defense does appear to be improving but Mo East also couldn't pass very well and missed on some opportunities.

Always enjoy the DB game even though we usually come out on the short end most of the time. The Tribe may not be as loaded as usual but they have more then enough to beat us and if we play another stinker like we did last week we'll get spanked.