Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier County

tennesseestud2013

Great game to watch with both teams giving it everything they had.Yep,the refs are human,but most can count to four at the high school level.I'm just glad they didn't blow the one play dead when Holt kept the ball on a long run and most everyone thought he had handed it off.The things that really got me were this.The stop on SC in the first half, and then we run into the kicker when he missed the dang field goal anyway.Back to back 15 yard penalties when DB had a chance to really drive the game out of reach late.Those kinds of things will beat you more times then not.

I think everybody figured this young team would make their share of mistakes early in the season. The problem is the mistakes have come at the worst possible time. I am supprised at the talent and "gut" of this team. They are way ahead of where I thought they would be at this time. I thought they would probably have two loses at this point but they could easly be undefeated. And thats saying alot because East Hamiliton and Sevier Co. are to of the better teams in the state.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addressing the zebras, there is no excuse for losing a down,  None.  All the officials on the field are supposed to keep the down on their hands with rubber band thingys (look for them next week).  There is no excuse.  I can see missing a hold or a spot due to being "human" but there is no excuse to losing a down.  I am guessing there are no repercussions for this.  I'm guessing this zebra crew will be miscounting somewhere else next week.  The state or whoever sets the crews for games should be upset by this and embarrassed if they don't sit these guys.  T$$AA at it's best.

BUT, do not get me wrong here.  I'm not a DB homer by any stretch of the imagination.  Sevier County earned this win and played well.  It was a fun game to watch from the visitor stands.  I wanted to watch the game under that scoreboard with the cool people, but I'm really a nerdy uncool dweeb and was asked to go away.  :ugeek:

Edited by Pudding

This was a great game on a cool Friday 13th, to bad for the Indians but, someone had to lose. I agree the two penaltys killed DB's chance at the end. SC has a very good team, they will do well with the exception to Maryville. I didn't give Josh Holt much credit last year and now he has proved me wrong. DB has really came along and surprised a lot of people. I would like to see Makael get a few touches, Clark tried getting him the ball late in the game but it just didn't happen. There are probably a lot of sore young men this morning, hard hitting game Wow!

I think everybody figured this young team would make their share of mistakes early in the season. The problem is the mistakes have come at the worst possible time. I am supprised at the talent and "gut" of this team. They are way ahead of where I thought they would be at this time. I thought they would probably have two loses at this point but they could easly be undefeated. And thats saying alot because East Hamiliton and Sevier Co. are to of the better teams in the state.

I'm real pleased with the way this team has played.There are some tough test left ,but I don't see these guys backing down from anyone in 2013.This team is laying a foundation for the rest of the year and beyond.It would be nice to get all the pieces together at the same time and have everything fall just right.Depth has been a problem for several years.When Holt had to come out on defense last night,it left a huge void back there on our run and pass defense.At the same time,maybe as the year goes on,that playing time will help a lot of young guys grow up.It's a lot to ask some of these guys that are 10th and even 9th graders to make plays when it counts.The 9th grade class has some really good players and from what I have been told,Sevier middle has one of their best teams ever.Add the young 10th grader that came back from North and the next year or two might be real fun to watch.Back to the present however,Nick played a great game last night and showed what a defensive lineman can do with great speed and nearly 300 pounds to boot...I don't know a lot about DB's game records,but Holt had one of the best overall games that I've ever seen,plus he had to make plays on the defensive side.

I hate to say it, but Sevier County is not a top 5 team in 6A. I think Maryville destroy them in all honesty. I will admit, I am not a fan of the spread. We are getting better if we eliminate the mistakes.

I hate to say it but if your going to use Maryville as a guage as to who is a top 5 team, then nobody is. Theres probably only two 6A teams in the state that can stay on the field with them this year. I think Sevier Co. is a top 5 team, and yes, Maryville will destroy them.

I hate to say it but if your going to use Maryville as a guage as to who is a top 5 team, then nobody is. Theres probably only two 6A teams in the state that can stay on the field with them this year. I think Sevier Co. is a top 5 team, and yes, Maryville will destroy them.

I think Maryville will kill them, we are young and Quarles will have fun them with his offense. Maryville run their offense with no mistskes. Oakland, Blackman, Maryville, Whitehaven, Siegel are better them.

I hate to say it, but Sevier County is not a top 5 team in 6A. I think Maryville destroy them in all honesty. I will admit, I am not a fan of the spread. We are getting better if we eliminate the mistakes.

The Bears do have several key injuries and they are young with the exception of the QB & they have 3 behind him that will become as good or better and 2 are sophmores. They played with only 2 seniors on offense and 2 or 3 on defense. I would say they are ranked about right at #5. DB is a good team they are always a good team and the Bears needed some luck to get out of J Fred with a win. It was a big win for SC no doubt. I would say DB does not get beat again and they come to SC in the playoffs. As for Maryville lucky for the Bears they are not next so alittle time to heal will help as it looks like MoWest is down so maybe they can end it early and get the starters out in second half.

GoBears!!!

Maryville will handle Sevier County rather easily. But as a Top 5 team in 6A they very much are. That is not the Sevier County team u will face in the playoffs. If they meet. Trust me. They have some injurys. 7 Players played out of position last night because of injurys. The Runningback did not dress along with a Wideout and another. Plus our leading receiver injured his arm in the first plays. Which forced a lot of out of position play this game. Especially on defense in the LB position along with others. As I was listening to the radio they was having trouble finding the names of some of the fill in players on the depth chart. And finding most players was out of normal positions. This was not the same team DB will face if they do indeed play again later this year. To be honest Sevier County players surprised a bunch by how they responded to the changes. Which started to Gel more as the game came along. Set up some depth we did not know we had. Grats. But as Sevier County being a Top 5 team. Absolutely. And I believe this post will reflect my opinion as the year unfolds.

The Bears do have several key injuries and they are young with the exception of the QB & they have 3 behind him that will become as good or better and 2 are sophmores. They played with only 2 seniors on offense and 2 or 3 on defense. I would say they are ranked about right at #5. DB is a good team they are always a good team and the Bears needed some luck to get out of J Fred with a win. It was a big win for SC no doubt. I would say DB does not get beat again and they come to SC in the playoffs. As for Maryville lucky for the Bears they are not next so alittle time to heal will help as it looks like MoWest is down so maybe they can end it early and get the starters out in second half.

GoBears!!!

They do not know you guys had injuries.. Okay, you guys are a top 5 team.... I do think Banks should be on the field more.