Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier County

tennesseestud2013

Maryville will handle Sevier County rather easily. But as a Top 5 team in 6A they very much are. That is not the Sevier County team u will face in the playoffs. If they meet. Trust me. They have some injurys. 7 Players played out of position last night because of injurys. The Runningback did not dress along with a Wideout and another. Plus our leading receiver injured his arm in the first plays. Which forced a lot of out of position play this game. Especially on defense in the LB position along with others. As I was listening to the radio they was having trouble finding the names of some of the fill in players on the depth chart. And finding most players was out of normal positions. This was not the same team DB will face if they do indeed play again later this year. To be honest Sevier County players surprised a bunch by how they responded to the changes. Which started to Gel more as the game came along. Set up some depth we did not know we had. Grats. But as Sevier County being a Top 5 team. Absolutely. And I believe this post will reflect my opinion as the year unfolds.

All teams have injuries during the season. I dare say the DB team will look differently also. The DB QB is in his 4th varsity start. Looking for improved passing game as the WR and QB (and coach) mesh. Sensabaugh's first full game back and starting tailback (2 of the first 4 backs) on the bench with concussion for the second week, should be back this week. Still way young. Good luck Bears! hard hitting well played game from both teams.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real blood and guts game. Really impressed with QB Holt. Ran the option read to perfection. Casey is a real tough runner who can't be brought down by just one tackler. Sensabaugh is a real stud and was probably the best player on the field for either team. Don't know how the zebras got confused about the 3rd and 4th down call, especially after the timeout to discuss it. Embarrassing to say the least. 

As others have pointed out SC literally won the game with bailing wire and twine. And yes, all teams have injuries but never seen it like this before. Down to our third string receivers and defensive backs along with every starting LB out. All total we had 6 starters on the sidelines for DB's last drive. Just an old fashion gut check win.  

Yea SC will get smashed by Maryville in a couple of weeks (injuries or not) and this DB squad is not as talenetd as last years but it still doesn't take away from the fact what a great game it was. By both teams.

Maryville will be beat by the Bears again! Maybe not this round, but who knows. I bet if you checked the history of the 2 opponents maryville and DB the Bears have beaten the Rebs more than they have the Indians. The bears have alot of juniors and sophmores and I think they will get them in the next fews years IF not this year in the playoffs. I think they know how close they are and thats why coach Brewer picked them up. You know to be the best you got to beat the best and the rebels are clearly that. As a fan I would rather see a game that involves great competition than say a Wb or halls blowout. They may get blown out but at least with that they can use it as motivation to be as good as possible. Im not sure why you would pull for a team if you dont have hope. I think the Bears believe they can win every time they step on the field. Not saying it wont take some luck but on any given night magic can and does happen.

GoBears!!!

Maryville will be beat by the Bears again! Maybe not this round, but who knows. I bet if you checked the history of the 2 opponents maryville and DB the Bears have beaten the Rebs more than they have the Indians. The bears have alot of juniors and sophmores and I think they will get them in the next fews years IF not this year in the playoffs. I think they know how close they are and thats why coach Brewer picked them up. You know to be the best you got to beat the best and the rebels are clearly that. As a fan I would rather see a game that involves great competition than say a Wb or halls blowout. They may get blown out but at least with that they can use it as motivation to be as good as possible. Im not sure why you would pull for a team if you dont have hope. I think the Bears believe they can win every time they step on the field. Not saying it wont take some luck but on any given night magic can and does happen.

GoBears!!!

I understand what your saying and as a fan { big time as a parent of a player} that's the kind of optimism you want a team to have going into a game.There is no doubt in my mind that the Vols could go back west and beat the ducks, IF they got every break the whole game that they almost got  to start the game{except the fumble}.I was saying something like that when they were up 7-0.When they were down 10-7,I knew it was probably going to get real ugly fast.I said if Oregon scored again it could be 31-7 before half.A couple minutes later I was wondering if they would show  some mercy but knew national rankings might play a role in the outcome.Thank goodness,they did.Maryville is the Oregon of Tennessee high school sports.Yes they can be beat,but like our playoff game last year.When Maryville gives you a gift,you better take it and run,because it is rare for them to make mistakes. 

GoBears!!!

I do like your optimism as well, however Maryville's current freshmen class is one of the most impressive athletics class they have had in a while.  I'm not just talking about football either, mens and women's athletics are very strong in this freshmen class.  It is perhaps one of the most talented classes to come through Maryville in a  while in terms of athletics all around.  But regardless congrats on the win SC and it sounds like Maryville vs. SC will no doubt be a great game this year but for many years to come.