Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier County

tennesseestud2013

I'd have to agree with your analogy. That was one ugly game to watch. The coaches and offense were completly out of sync the whole game. Our coaches have to take what the defense gives us and quit trying to force a round peg into a square hole. Also would like to see Dorian get the ball out more on the edge with those toss sweeps or a screen pass instead of between the tackles so much. Hope Hayes ankle sprain isn't as bad as it appears because he had a noticable limp and didn't run very well afterwards. Defense does appear to be improving but Mo East also couldn't pass very well and missed on some opportunities.

Always enjoy the DB game even though we usually come out on the short end most of the time. The Tribe may not be as loaded as usual but they have more then enough to beat us and if we play another stinker like we did last week we'll get spanked.

You obviously did not watch the game Friday night and you know nothing about football.  The only correct statement you made was that SC played very poorly on offense.  Your reasoning as to why was totally off and your comments about certian players needing to get the ball in different areas is completely off base if you actually paid attention to how many times SC ran the ball up the middle with the tailback. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously did not watch the game Friday night and you know nothing about football.  The only correct statement you made was that SC played very poorly on offense.  Your reasoning as to why was totally off and your comments about certian players needing to get the ball in different areas is completely off base if you actually paid attention to how many times SC ran the ball up the middle with the tailback. 

Please fill us in! But remember you already have no street cred because you live in a house. 

GoBears!!!

Edited by gobears89

Maybe I can gain some house cred here. First off, the passing game was off so instead of staying with 4 wide outs, they went to an "I" and ran the ball almost the entire 2nd half which is taking what the defense gives you. Second, the tailback in question ran outside most of the night and the fullback ran up the middle. Just a bad night on offense but I hope they get it corrected in a hurry.

you know nothing about football. 

Agreed.

However, my untrained eyeballz still don't like a small, diminutive RB given the ball by the QB on a run option read, off tackle, out of the spread offense, with no lead blocker, against a defense that collapsed the O line repeatedly. However, did like the toss sweep with Dorian out of the power I utilizing his athleticism and elusiveness in the open field. Would've just liked to seen it more then the few times we ran it in the second half is all. Hence my reasoning for inserting the word "more" in my comments. Dorian is not a power RB plain and simple. Hayes is the power TB. Hopefully we continue to find different ways to put Dorian in the best positions to succeed.

I don't know what you SC guys expect from the offense.  Although they didn't score a lot of points they had 434 yards.  The Bears rushed 42 times for 175 and the team completed 22 of 35 for 259 with one of those a halfback pass.  There were also 4 or 5 passes that should have been caught. If you play as well on offense this week and take out the four turnovers I think you win the game.

I wouldn't say the team that Sevier COunty saw in the playoffs was worse than the one that they played during the reg. If you look at the schedule, just look at the Boone game and after that, I am sorry but if Cook plays all year we lose to Sevier County second round and Malik is at Vanderbilt....maybe. It was terrible for Chris, but to find out what Malik could do at QB was a once in a generation type thing.....thus look at the team this year, Holt isn't that far from Cook and we aren't half the team from last year(the 2nd half of last year I mean)

hey whyisthat,

I have never seen you post before but I like the way you did here.  Not just beause you said good things about SC but because you used actual facts to back up you point of view. I think posts like yours are what coacht was and is designed for. Posts like mine not so much. No joking, good stats