Dobyns-Bennett vs Sevier County

tennesseestud2013

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time Banks is a senior he will be a handful for a lot of teams. Very quick. I believe in two weeks this will be the best team Maryville has faced so far barring injuries. Don't get me wrong, the Rebels will probably squash the Bears, but I can tell you SC would take Alcoa and a few others to the woodshed.

Fulton might be the only team in east TN that Maryville wouldn't squash.My thoughts on SC is this.I didn't know  they had so many key players out,so they will be a much better team without a doubt at the end of the regular season.SC had some big boys,but they do look smaller then some of the SC teams that I've seen in the past.Those two defensive lineman I seen a year or two back,playing down at SC were beast.

IMHO Fulton could score some points on Maryville, but not for long. GQ would see the weakness shore it up and then the onslaught would begin. SC should be a very tough test for most teams by playoff time. I mean heck they're tough now with 7 starters out. Batman I remember those BIG lineman you are talking about, when DB played at SC a couple years ago, looked like someone spiked the Gatorade with miracle grow.

IMHO Fulton could score some points on Maryville, but not for long. GQ would see the weakness shore it up and then the onslaught would begin. SC should be a very tough test for most teams by playoff time. I mean heck they're tough now with 7 starters out. Batman I remember those BIG lineman you are talking about, when DB played at SC a couple years ago, looked like someone spiked the Gatorade with miracle grow.

I have spoken to several people in the Knoxville area that have said that this Fulton team is the best that they have ever seen. They have blown out 3 6A schools (Powell, Bearden, & Farragut). This week Farragut scored the first points off their D late in the 4th quarter against the 2nd or 3rd team. Apparently, there are 6-7 D1 athletes on that team. One long time Maryville fan told me that the only chance that they would have against Fulton is coaching because Fulton is scary big and scary fast. The question would be if Maryville could score as many points against that tenacious defense that Fulton would put up against them.

I have spoken to several people in the Knoxville area that have said that this Fulton team is the best that they have ever seen. They have blown out 3 6A schools (Powell, Bearden, & Farragut). This week Farragut scored the first points off their D late in the 4th quarter against the 2nd or 3rd team. Apparently, there are 6-7 D1 athletes on that team. One long time Maryville fan told me that the only chance that they would have against Fulton is coaching because Fulton is scary big and scary fast. The question would be if Maryville could score as many points against that tenacious defense that Fulton would put up against them.

Why talk about a Fulton / Maryville matchup?  They won't play each other, regular season or playoffs.....they are both good, and each will probably bring home a gold ball in their respective classes.

I'm not putting down Fulton by any means, Quarles teams are just hard to beat. Good luck to them both!

Come on Pep, you know you like us talking bout those tiny,weak,slow Rebels.

ya buddy , My Fulton Buddies at work are surprised our little Tiny fellers are allowed to play High School ball !! lol  :mrgreen:

Geez , I'm glad we're not playing them now ... who would of ever guessed after Alcoa beat them 30-7 last year , that the Fulton players would accidentally find the Serum they used on Captain America , and they all sprouted freakish muscles !! :mrgreen:

j/k fellers , lol