Loretto @ Lawrence County

lowtn

The time as come for the annual City Boys v. Country Boys football game. Loretto will travel to LC Friday night. I see this game as a toss-up with an edge to Lawrenceburg. *I will be pulling for the Mustangs! Loretto can win this game. The size difference is the same this year. Loretto will match up very well with all positions. Loretto has played against the Wing-T the past two games. I did not attend the Perry County game but the highlight film showed a simular formation. Loretto must limit turnovers and play outstanding defense. The special teams must also cover better this week. Lawrence County is a 5A school with 3A size this year. This will help Loretto. Both teams have skilled QB's and running backs. You can bet Coach Marston will pullout all the stops to beat Loretto. It is hard to explain getting beat by a 2A team with half the student body. Loretto had better be ready to expect the unexpected! Our coaching staff had better be ready! The game last year Loretto won most places except on the score board. LC will go on 4th down, on-side kick, half back pass, wing-reverse, and whatever else it takes to win. This is not a slam on LC. Their coaches always seem to be a few steps ahead of ours. What are your thoughts?  

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Lawrence County not having the size they have had in the past. They have been trying to figure out the O-Line with the first 3 games of the year. With that being said the skills positions for LC will be the deciding factor. It might be a close game the 1st half but LC will pull away in 2nd for a big win.

Not sure how this game will end up. Lawrenceburg seems to have a good team, I know most of the players and they are pretty good.  Lovelace is real good.  Loretto had it's chance last year but for some unknown reason the defense got changed along with some players the first half and we got blowed out that half.  Finally changed back a bit the second half and held them in check the rest of the game.  I think it will come down to who ever makes the fewest mistakes.  I would say that Lawrenceburg's skill positions are no better than Loretto's.  Loretto brings home the Van Johnson cup in a close one.  I hope.

I agree with Lawrence County not having the size they have had in the past. They have been trying to figure out the O-Line with the first 3 games of the year. With that being said the skills positions for LC will be the deciding factor. It might be a close game the 1st half but LC will pull away in 2nd for a big win.