Grundy County Football

curtislowe

I very much agree with you on this last statement you made. We all need to think about what this is doing to the players, the families, coaches, and everyone involved. That is why I have calmed down on posting the first thing that pops in my head during all this.

Billy could you answer my question, DUI or goes home free, with the chance he hits someone head on next time. The next time we might not be as fortunate. Just asking?

Billy could you answer my question, DUI or goes home free, with the chance he hits someone head on next time. The next time we might not be as fortunate. Just asking?

I think you should be asking Pride this question not me. You are comparing a coach kicking a can to a DUI. That's like comparing apples and oranges.  This was an incident that was not intentional. This coach cares about his players. I would argue that point with anyone here. He is a stand up guy. He always has been.  It's a shame that people on here are making him out to be something he is not because a can inadvertently hit a player.

Edited by MtnGoatBilly

I think you should be asking Pride this question not me. You are comparing a coach kicking a can to a DUI. That's like comparing apples and oranges.  This was an incident that was not intentional. This coach cares about his players. I would argue that point with anyone here. He is a stand up guy. He always has been.  It's a shame that people on here are making him out to be something he is not because a can inadvertently hit a player.

Thanks Billy just wanting your input. Both things have the potential to hurt someone. Mr. Billy are you saying that I have made the coach out to be something he is not?  I don't recall saying anything like that. Just glad no one was hurt. You need to look at my post. Heck I was the one that started the Silverdale thread saying Grundy would bounce back and win. So don't start trying to change subject or point fingers. It is what it is and its sad that Grundy County is going through something like this. According to the paper "The suspension isn't over just one incident. There were several issues we felt we needed to dicuss with Coach Bryant, but the last incident let us know we needed to nip it right now" says Mr. Hargis. He also says "we hold our coaches to a higher standard".

I agree with the statement about our coaches should be held to a higher standard. They are suppose to be role models for our young student athletes. The incident with the can could have been avoided and with him being a role model that should have never happened. Also the incident at sequatchie county should have never happened either. How ever this turns out maybe lessons will be learned and things will be better on count of it. I wonder how many will make the trip to signal this Friday?

Edited by Beavcleaver

I agree with the statement about our coaches should be held to a higher standard. They are suppose to be role models for our young student athletes. The incident with the can could have been avoided and with him being a role model that should have never happened. Also the incident at sequatchie county should have never happened either. How ever this turns out maybe lessons will be learned and things will be better on count of it. I wonder how many will make the trip to signal this Friday?

I agree with you that coaches should be held to a higher standard. I got chewed out by numerous people for saying the same thing about the coach from Sweetwater that got the DUI a few months ago.

I've asked this question before with no answer.  what have the Bryant boys done for the grundy football program since they have been there?  I see people that say they are good boys and theyre good Christian men.  but you can still be a good Christian boy and be a bad coach.  their accomplishments are,  they have not had a winning season, they have only won four games against teams with winning records.  the 19 of their 23 wins are from teams that end the season with a losing record.  can someone please answer this question?

I've asked this question before with no answer. what have the Bryant boys done for the grundy football program since they have been there? I see people that say they are good boys and theyre good Christian men. but you can still be a good Christian boy and be a bad coach. their accomplishments are, they have not had a winning season, they have only won four games against teams with winning records. the 19 of their 23 wins are from teams that end the season with a losing record. can someone please answer this question?

I'll answer your question with a question. What do you think they should have done? Grundy plays in a region where you are going to lose to Notre Dame and Signal Mtn every year with few exceptions. That leaves you with 8 wins at best. In most years Marion and Sequatchie are going to beat you so that leaves you with 6 wins at best. In the years that you play SP that leaves you with 5 wins at best. The truth of the matter is Grundy will never be dominant in boys sports as long as Great 8 basketball and North Grundy/South Grundy Little League football exists. With no middle school, those boys go through 8th grade being taught by every adult I their life to hate each other. Then you take those kids in the 9th grade and put them on one team and expect them to gel together. That's like someone making a football team consisting entirely of Hatfields and McCoys. Ain't gonna work. Y'all have some good athletes and every now and then a group comes through that is able to win despite their hatred for each other. But generally speaking the fans at Grundy are disallusioned into thinking their they have the athletes to overcome the social barriers. To fix the problem y'all need a central Middle School to get these kids to playing together before they get to high school. But that won't happen for the same reason Marion County will never have a consolidated school system. Y'all can't get along enough to make it happen. To further answer your question, if the Bryant boys have won 23 games that is most likely as good as anyone could have done in the same time frame with the same schedule and same athletes. Just my opinion.
  • Upvote 1

I'll answer your question with a question. What do you think they should have done? Grundy plays in a region where you are going to lose to Notre Dame and Signal Mtn every year with few exceptions. That leaves you with 8 wins at best. In most years Marion and Sequatchie are going to beat you so that leaves you with 6 wins at best. In the years that you play SP that leaves you with 5 wins at best. The truth of the matter is Grundy will never be dominant in boys sports as long as Great 8 basketball and North Grundy/South Grundy Little League football exists. With no middle school, those boys go through 8th grade being taught by every adult I their life to hate each other. Then you take those kids in the 9th grade and put them on one team and expect them to gel together. That's like someone making a football team consisting entirely of Hatfields and McCoys. Ain't gonna work. Y'all have some good athletes and every now and then a group comes through that is able to win despite their hatred for each other. But generally speaking the fans at Grundy are disallusioned into thinking their they have the athletes to overcome the social barriers. To fix the problem y'all need a central Middle School to get these kids to playing together before they get to high school. But that won't happen for the same reason Marion County will never have a consolidated school system. Y'all can't get along enough to make it happen. To further answer your question, if the Bryant boys have won 23 games that is most likely as good as anyone could have done in the same time frame with the same schedule and same athletes. Just my opinio

i'll caulk up another for not answering the question.  this team this year should have at least a 7/3 season. meaning with the talent that is there, we should have beat all teams we have played thus far including jasper.  my question is still unanswered.

i'll caulk up another for not answering the question. this team this year should have at least a 7/3 season. meaning with the talent that is there, we should have beat all teams we have played thus far including jasper. my question is still unanswered.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I'm guessing the perception of talent is in the eye of the beholder as well. Unless I really missed something, Grundy did not have more talent than Marion Co.