MBA vs. BA, Change of the Guard?

ScottyOneal

I don't know who wins this game ... MBA has home field advantage which did not help at all 2 years ago. I walked up 5 minutes into the game and BA was up big. This year MBA looks really good... If BAs offense does not find itself tonight, I see MBA pulling this one off. BA has laid a goose egg in 6 quarters over the past two games. They certainly need to find their grove early. BAs defense has looked good with only 2 bad quarters all year . I never know what to expect from this game

Some fun facts about this rivalry:

• Tonight's meeting marks the 25th game between the two schools.
  • Brentwood Academy has won the last four meetings. Its average victory in these games is 32-8.
  • BA and MBA have played 16 regular-season games and eight playoff games. The regular-season series is tied 8-8, but MBA is 6-2 in playoff meetings and 5-0 in state title games.
  • BA has not beaten MBA in the postseason since 1996.
  • MBA has shut out BA four times. The Eagles have never shut out the Big Red.
  • Over the course of the series, BA has averaged 18 points per game. MBA has averaged 17.

You can watch the game by following the link in my signature. We'll start our live broadcast at 6:55 Central time.

BA leads 22-14 at halftime. The Eagles scored on drives of 59 and 76 before capitalizing on a turnover for their third score. MBA running back Ty Chandler has 98 yards on 7 carries, including a 55-yard jaunt to set up a first-quarter touchdown.

Each team has turned the ball over twice. The Eagles have 271 yards total offense; MBA has 205.

Great game ... Not sure why ba didnt kick a field goal on 4th and 2???? Up by 8 points - field goal puts you up 11. Touchdown puts you up 15. Takes two scores albeit a different combination to win game either way and in this weather I would take my gamble on the earlier combination. A touchdown , 2 points and potential long field goal seems like alot wirh 5 minutes left .. Idk ..

BA let this game get away from them tonightt ... Fumble, no red zone points late in game ..interception on 10 yard line on 2nd and 1.. running out clock before half- onside kick almost lost the game ... Just a combination of things killed them. I thought they played well for a big part of the game ... Defense pretty much dominated MBA for most of the game with the exception of a few plays ...

Tough to lose a game like that. I played in a few of them and its hard to swallow ..on a positive note i saw nothing that makes me believe if BA sees MBA again they can not win . Same with Ryan .. But their road in the playoffs just got tougher with this loss.

Congrats MBA ..

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

BA's football program continues it's fall. They don't know how to win, and close deal.

Fall? Let's credit MBA for a fantastic comeback instead of declaring doomsday.

A disappointing result, but this is a young team with loads of talent that caught a hot, confident veteran team.

Edited by WesVLT

BA is 2-5 in its last 7 games. They squandered huge leads (MUS 23-0 and MBA 22-7) in 2 of those losses. They were shut out last week (first time in 5 years). They lost to Ryan, which their big rival ran off the field 41-7. However, let's forget about that--let's blow sunshine up MBA's rear end for outplaying us. MBA overcame a poorly officiated game, turned it over on BA's 1 yd line, and still won.

These are teenage kids playing their rear ends off and coaches who give their lives to trying to control their unpredictable nature. Feel however you like, but I simply see no productivity in abject negativity. Honest assessments? Sure. Doomsday declarations? No. Edited by WesVLT