Lincoln County (3-2) vs Franklin (4-0)

comegetsome

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin's 4-0 start could be deceiving because it appears to be a thin schedule so far. The combined record of FHS' opponents is 7-12. With below a 2-win average combined so far.

I hold by the statement that Franklin should have handedly beaten Dickson Co., but did not, and even though good teams win games they also don't allow opponents to linger around...

Franklin has been playing solid defense as of late (against mediocre competition). They play smart, disciplined football, but get out-gunned & out-athlete(d) at times (example: DCHS tailback).

Franklin is potentially one of the more balanced offenses I have seen. With an ability to both run & pass in order to accumulate first downs. This "balance" is key to their success, because I do not believe FHS can line up and grind out yardage with the running game or solely depend on an aerial assault to sustain drives. Hence the one has to co-depend on the other. I am also yet to see the "big play" capability of Franklin yet this season.

Franklin's 4-0 start could be deceiving because it appears to be a thin schedule so far. The combined record of FHS' opponents is 7-12. With below a 2-win average combined so far.

I hold by the statement that Franklin should have handedly beaten Dickson Co., but did not, and even though good teams win games they also don't allow opponents to linger around...

Franklin has been playing solid defense as of late (against mediocre competition). They play smart, disciplined football, but get out-gunned & out-athlete(d) at times (example: DCHS tailback).

Franklin is potentially one of the more balanced offenses I have seen. With an ability to both run & pass in order to accumulate first downs. This "balance" is key to their success, because I do not believe FHS can line up and grind out yardage with the running game or solely depend on an aerial assault to sustain drives. Hence the one has to co-depend on the other. I am also yet to see the "big play" capability of Franklin yet this season.

you obviously haven't watched Franklin play this year. Just a bystander trying to talk High School football which he knows nothing about.

If I am just trying to talk football, please refute my points with evidence. Also, if you would look into the 11AAA thread, I am defending the sentencing of Franklin there (Maybe I am more objective & rational than you believe).

In fact since you seem to a be a new member (1 post) I am sure you plan to have some incendiary remarks that cannot be said under your normal alias, and I look forward to your argument.

Edited by CasualBystander

I agree with you that Franklin's 4-0 start is deceiving however their close win against DC was also deceiving.  Franklin allow DC to stay in the game because of stupid penalties and undisciplined football.  Granted this has been the only game I have seen of Franklin so far this year but if they can cut out the stupid penalties they would have won that game by a greater margin.

Franklin has the oppurtunity to do good things this year but it is hard to measure them until they start the bulk of their district schedule.

Pressure Critchlow and force him into errors and you win.

This is a very true statement, he may be a good High-School QB but only when in the pocket & feeling safe.

I would rather have a QB that will make a play happen (BHS' Mayer) with his feet when trouble happens, rather than panic and take horrendous sacks.

Edited by CasualBystander

My 2 cents , which is exactly worth that much.  As someone who has attended all of the Rebels games this year I think both Clarkville NE (3-2) and Shelbyville (2-2) are both decent teams and McGavock (2-3) had some really good athletes, so the opposing record Stat is misleading as Dickson County (0-5) accounts for the majority of the opposing team losses.  Also should point out that the Rebels last scrimmage before the season started was against MBA, who is no slouch.  The rebels won 13 to 10 over MBA, now granted it was just a scrimmage game but the Rebels looked very good.      

The Rebels defense is solid and 2 Stats pretty much tell the story.  The Rebels have 17 Sacks and 7 INT's so far this year.  They attack the ball and not many teams have been able to consistently run or throw effectively against the Rebels defense.    

They are very balanced on offense averaging 174 yards on the ground and 162 yards in the air each game.  With 9 different receivers with catches and 4 separate RB's getting touches out of the backfield, the Rebels spread the ball around with many different looks.  

One thing that is not talked about much that has a huge impact on most games that I have to point out is their special teams are really good.  No team has had a kick off return on the Rebels as each kickoff sails out of the back of the end zone with 17 touch backs this year.  Their kicker nailed a 47 yard field goal that looked like it would have been good from 60 and slightly missed left, with plenty of distance a 49 yard attempt this past game. This same kid also punts and this past game punted 2 inside the 10 yard line and 3rd punt inside the 3. 

My 2 cents , which is exactly worth that much. As someone who has attended all of the Rebels games this year I think both Clarkville NE (3-2) and Shelbyville (2-2) are both decent teams and McGavock (2-3) had some really good athletes, so the opposing record Stat is misleading as Dickson County (0-5) accounts for the majority of the opposing team losses. Also should point out that the Rebels last scrimmage before the season started was against MBA, who is no slouch. The rebels won 13 to 10 over MBA, now granted it was just a scrimmage game but the Rebels looked very good.

The Rebels defense is solid and 2 Stats pretty much tell the story. The Rebels have 17 Sacks and 7 INT's so far this year. They attack the ball and not many teams have been able to consistently run or throw effectively against the Rebels defense.

They are very balanced on offense averaging 174 yards on the ground and 162 yards in the air each game. With 9 different receivers with catches and 4 separate RB's getting touches out of the backfield, the Rebels spread the ball around with many different looks.

One thing that is not talked about much that has a huge impact on most games that I have to point out is their special teams are really good. No team has had a kick off return on the Rebels as each kickoff sails out of the back of the end zone with 17 touch backs this year. Their kicker nailed a 47 yard field goal that looked like it would have been good from 60 and slightly missed left, with plenty of distance a 49 yard attempt this past game. This same kid also punts and this past game punted 2 inside the 10 yard line and 3rd punt inside the 3.

Impressive.  The main weapon that the Falcons bring is a disciplined team that doesn't give up and can make coaching adjustments on the fly from coaches that know their stuff.  I'm expecting a great game tonight!!!!

Edited by jabbo