Lincoln County (3-2) vs Franklin (4-0)

comegetsome

Franklin is certainly the best team the Falcons have played so far this season.  It seemed to me that the Falcons didn't have the focus and determination that they've shown in all the other games so far.

The refs were a hoot last night - they had lots of committee meetings, and seemed confused a lot of the time.  Does anyone know what the deal was on the play where the Falcon punter was hit?  I thought it was going to be roughing the punter, but the end result was a 5 yard penalty on the Falcons and a do-over on the punt....  

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the punt, they said the Franklin player hit the punter before he had actually punted the ball which makes that a legal hit.  But Jabbo, you are correct in that the referees looked lost most of the game.  It wouldn't have mattered though.  Franklin has a good team and has one of the best punters I have seen in high school in a long time.  His hang time and distance was amazing. Good luck to Franklin and the Falcons the rest of the season.  Go Falcons!!!!!!!!! 

On the punt, they said the Franklin player hit the punter before he had actually punted the ball which makes that a legal hit.  But Jabbo, you are correct in that the referees looked lost most of the game.  It wouldn't have mattered though.  Franklin has a good team and has one of the best punters I have seen in high school in a long time.  His hang time and distance was amazing. Good luck to Franklin and the Falcons the rest of the season.  Go Falcons!!!!!!!!! 

I understand the legal hit, but what happened to cause the penalty and do-over?  I didn't see a flag before the ball was snapped, the flag came after the hit....

And yes, that punter was amazing...the ball looked like it was just floating.

Fast forward the highlight video to 2:34 mark and watch the actual punt in question. The Punter was hit before kicking the ball and it was tipped. The ball went off the defender going sideways and only traveled 15/20 yards.