Ricky Bowers and Ensworth have killed Tn football

cowboypete

state elections are normally very close until the last vote is counted.. What i

mean by that statement is you have large sections of the public that believe they are right and are cheering for the right person/team. A very large section of Tennessee high school football fans enjoy "their boys" climbing the ranks of local pee wee leagues and moving up to middle school and then freshman/jv and then on to high school. They pay their dues for their community and they earn the right to represent their local team. These kids will be around after they graduate and will come back and support the younger players and fans that helped cheer them on. Be it, Blue Devils, Green Devils ,Tornados, Tomcats, Chargers or whoever. The towns and local communities take pride in a kid giving it 100 percent even though they may not get the job done on certain fridays. That local pride and enthusiasm is a jewel that is better than being nationally ranked to a lot of people/teams/players/ and fans. Then there is a group of people that take great pride in being highly ranked and winning 95 percent of the time despite the fact that most of the fans will never see the players at all after they graduate. To each his own.

Very good.

state elections are normally very close until the last vote is counted.. What i

mean by that statement is you have large sections of the public that believe they are right and are cheering for the right person/team. A very large section of Tennessee high school football fans enjoy "their boys" climbing the ranks of local pee wee leagues and moving up to middle school and then freshman/jv and then on to high school. They pay their dues for their community and they earn the right to represent their local team. These kids will be around after they graduate and will come back and support the younger players and fans that helped cheer them on. Be it, Blue Devils, Green Devils ,Tornados, Tomcats, Chargers or whoever. The towns and local communities take pride in a kid giving it 100 percent even though they may not get the job done on certain fridays. That local pride and enthusiasm is a jewel that is better than being nationally ranked to a lot of people/teams/players/ and fans. Then there is a group of people that take great pride in being highly ranked and winning 95 percent of the time despite the fact that most of the fans will never see the players at all after they graduate. To each his own.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. BA stands are filled with former players at numerous sporting events not just football, incl my own kids who graduated. Same with parents who had kids attend there even though their kids have long ago graduated. At our baseball playoffs last yr, held after colleges were out for the yr, the stands were filled with former players -same with football and basketball. I've been at MBA/BA events and former MBA student-athletes and "former" parents  are there. Same with Baylor and on and on. Tremendous tradition at those schools. I was just visiting one of my kids at college this past wkend and school officials i interfaced with even spoke about BA's tradition and community.  And this is a college in another state.  You guys type these comments and  want everyone to think they are fact and you know what you're talking about.  You don't. 

Honestly, it's just the beginning.  Read the piece on Ensworth in the Tennessean from a few weeks ago.  Orleans Darkwa talks about graduating early from Tulane with a high GPA, thanks largely to his Ensworth education.  Look at how many BA players are on the roster at the U.S. Naval Academy.  The evidence is there....you can play high level football and get a great education at the D2 schools.  you can set yourself up for a great college education.  More and more people around middle TN are going to seek spots at D2 schools.....way, way, way more than 20 years ago.  Again, it's all possible because there is no limit on financial aid players.  That was pandora's box that the TSSAA opened.

I posted about a conversation I had a few weeks ago with a Nashville area youth football coach.  That youth football is really serious (probably unhealthily so) and a lot of these families are pursuing it hard core so that they can get into the private schools.  I don't know if it's altogether good or bad, but, to your point, we haven't hit the ceiling yet.

Of course we can point out smart kids from every team. There are 80 kids on a roster odds are that a few of them have to be smart. But remember what they did to Antonio Richardson they milked all of the talent they could out of him before he had to leave cause of grades. But don't worry they fixed that problem. Because now  (what a lot of people don’t know is that) if a good football player now at Ensworth can’t make the grades they will send him to a easier place like Nashville State to for some classes to get a higher GPA. That’s what they did with a certain former Vanderbilt player and look what happened to him.

Edited by cowboypete

Of course we can point out smart kids from every team. There are 80 kids on a roster odds are that a few of them have to be smart. But remember what they did to Antonio Richardson they milked all of the talent they could out of him before he had to leave cause of grades. But don't worry they fixed that problem. Because now  (what a lot of people don’t know is that) if a good football player now at Ensworth can’t make the grades they will send him to a easier place like Nashville State to for some classes to get a higher GPA. That’s what they did with a certain former Vanderbilt player and look what happened to him.

From a factual perspective, your statements regarding each of these young men are demonstratably false.  From a moral perspective, your statements are despicable.  Libel can be defined as "the publication of malicious, defamatory falsehoods".  Be careful - lawyers are everywhere - you may find that it is not worth the potential liability just to be a keyboard hater.  

• Upvote 1

From a factual perspective, your statements regarding each of these young men are demonstratably false.  From a moral perspective, your statements are despicable.  Libel can be defined as "the publication of malicious, defamatory falsehoods".  Be careful - lawyers are everywhere - you may find that it is not worth the potential liability just to be a keyboard hater.  

I too have a hard time ignoring the ignorance permeating this entire thread. I guess we are doing what they want, they bait us and we respond.  I would love to meet some of these people.  They complain about kids going to private schools and getting an education. "Only about sports". Hardly. I have 5 kids that went and/or are going to private school. I would never have given one thought to sending them to public schools and it had absolutely nothing to do with sports.  This is a state that is ranked what? 40th in public school education?   From the remarks i read here, i can only imagine that some of them have not graduated from HS for heaven's sake let alone having a college degree. And you know what is worse? They get to vote in elections!    

Oh I hate how when someone says something about how Ensworth isn’t doing things right and then somebody always says watch out for their lawyers. Just because you don’t agree with what I’m posting you don’t have to throw around meaningless threats about lawyers going after people on message boards. Because if that was the case there would be a thousands of people in jail over SEC and pro football.

Oh I hate how when someone says something about how Ensworth isn’t doing things right and then somebody always says watch out for their lawyers. Just because you don’t agree with what I’m posting you don’t have to throw around meaningless threats about lawyers going after people on message boards. Because if that was the case there would be a thousands of people in jail over SEC and pro football.

Read my post again. I did not say that I "disagree" with your post - I said it is factually incorrect. I have no problem with you coming on here and expressing your opinion - I do have a problem with you coming on here and spewing false rumors and accusations.

But when you refute facts, you don't back up your argument with facts.  Why do you have to be so pissed off and confrontational?  Can't you get along with your fellow man and disagree like a gentleman?  What's wrong?  You're not a very good testament to the kind of gentlemen that MBA supossedly creates.

Confirm any of the "facts" you and your friends have tossed out in this thread and we'll gladly argue based on facts. Continue spewing baseless venom disguised as fact and you'll draw responses like the ones you've received.

Have any opinion you want. But if you dish out those opinions in a reckless manner, don't be surprised when people respond abrasively.

Confirm any of the "facts" you and your friends have tossed out in this thread and we'll gladly argue based on facts. Continue spewing baseless venom disguised as fact and you'll draw responses like the ones you've received.

Have any opinion you want. But if you dish out those opinions in a reckless manner, don't be surprised when people respond abrasively.

Well I have talked to a LB that started for Ensworth a few years ago and he said that about everything that cowboypete has stated is true for the most part. Not sure about the Antonio Richardson part but other than that he said it was spot on.

So are you implying that EHS football players have taken classes at Nashville State and received academic credit at EHS?