Meigs County Football - where did it go?

anothertiger

Tellico what ? Are you guys serious ? Tellico is on the rebound ? Not to burst anyones bubble but who has Tellico beat that is any good ?  I think Mullinax is as good a coach as any around but I wouldn't go that far. What type offense does mullinax run?

oK bootlegger I am gonna give you the benifit of the doubt here....Maybe you havent been aournd Tellico lately...But the program is coming around. And by the way we beat an Undefeated Midway team last week....But more than that the attitude is changing...The boys are excited to play, they are working hard, and the change is not just on the field. Coach Mullinax has them answering yer sir/no sir, he makes them toe the line when it comes to grades and behavior. So not that you would know this but yes we are serious! we run the wingT and it works. I believe TPHS ran the same play 8 or 10 times in a row to drive the ball 70 yards for a score against Basin. And against a ranked Midway team that was undefeated we had a chance to score a lot but penalties cost us, even so we went into overtime and didn't lose.....the Tellico of the past would have hung their heads and quit when Midway tied it up. But for a coach to look at his boys and say(in overtime) do you want to go for the win and the entire team says yes and then they go out and run a trick play to perfection to win.....come on that looks like change in my eyes.....You can see it in the boys....are they there yet maybe not but they are a lot better then they were....Come down to TPHS and find out.....We also came back from 16 points down last year against Whitwell and beat them 38-16 I think...acording to our announcer who had been calling games for 30 years that is the first time Tellico came back from that much at home...So it may not be about beating whatever you might call good team but it is about changing the culture and it is changing! BTW last year for the first 5 games TPHS ran the Triple option....It did not work so during the off wee TPhs worked for 2 weeks and went to the wingT a great adjustment by a great coach in mid-season...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to confuse nakedbootlegger on that post about Tellico, what I was trying to get across was that a coaching change was a benefit to Tellico and I think a coaching change would be good for Meigs, heck I say out of all Meigs Co. fans...mid to upper 90 percent want a coaching change, that is except for apsugov7 and I respect his opion on that, he just is alone on this post with his vote of support of the current staff. Meigs will have to drag through another losing season, then will get a new head coach next year......don't know what will happen to the rest of the coaches and helpers. Just hope they don't have a lot of kids leave and go to a different school, but it did benefit that one kid that ended up going to play for UTC. Best of luck to all Meigs County players and fans.

oK bootlegger I am gonna give you the benifit of the doubt here....Maybe you havent been aournd Tellico lately...But the program is coming around. And by the way we beat an Undefeated Midway team last week....But more than that the attitude is changing...The boys are excited to play, they are working hard, and the change is not just on the field. Coach Mullinax has them answering yer sir/no sir, he makes them toe the line when it comes to grades and behavior. So not that you would know this but yes we are serious! we run the wingT and it works. I believe TPHS ran the same play 8 or 10 times in a row to drive the ball 70 yards for a score against Basin. And against a ranked Midway team that was undefeated we had a chance to score a lot but penalties cost us, even so we went into overtime and didn't lose.....the Tellico of the past would have hung their heads and quit when Midway tied it up. But for a coach to look at his boys and say(in overtime) do you want to go for the win and the entire team says yes and then they go out and run a trick play to perfection to win.....come on that looks like change in my eyes.....You can see it in the boys....are they there yet maybe not but they are a lot better then they were....Come down to TPHS and find out.....We also came back from 16 points down last year against Whitwell and beat them 38-16 I think...acording to our announcer who had been calling games for 30 years that is the first time Tellico came back from that much at home...So it may not be about beating whatever you might call good team but it is about changing the culture and it is changing! BTW last year for the first 5 games TPHS ran the Triple option....It did not work so during the off wee TPhs worked for 2 weeks and went to the wingT a great adjustment by a great coach in mid-season...

Good post!

I can respect all that bigbear. Hope they can go undefeated the rest of the year but all I was saying is they do not have a win over a well respected team yet. Its great that they have a great attitude and work ethic but just because a kid has a great attitude doesn't mean he can tackle or run. Midway is not a good single a team so don't measure the 3a bears against them. Good luck the rest of the year.

I can respect all that bigbear. Hope they can go undefeated the rest of the year but all I was saying is they do not have a win over a well respected team yet. Its great that they have a great attitude and work ethic but just because a kid has a great attitude doesn't mean he can tackle or run. Midway is not a good single a team so don't measure the 3a bears against them. Good luck the rest of the year.

Thanks man....The Bears and Midway are in the same district....The bears are 2a in the playoffs it is crazy how they do districts now...