Region 1 AAA- District 1 and District 2

TommyMan37604

SH has out scored Seymour 211 to 113 the last 3 time they have played. Closest they have came is 20. What make you think Seymour can stay close? Even for a half? I think it gets ugly quick! I do agree with you Jeff co... They step up at post season and have the tourney at their place. Tuff out for Boone or DB or East.

well they are only down 8 at half to science hill

I agree with the trouble statement. Didn't this happen last year to someone SH played in the post season? Our region is now wide open for anyone and makes region 2 even have a good shot at sending 2 teams to the boro. I do not think SH will win Monday. West by 5 cause two days isn't enough to come up with a plan. Hope I am wrong though.

Mo. West lost their starting point guard and second leading scorer a few games ago so SH losing Tarter should make things a little more equal. Still, I think West will have to have one of its best games with SH having a subpar game for West to win.    West losing to Jeff in the district after beating them twice this year was a real downer for West. But now, maybe just maybe.

I don't think any team has a chance against Science Hill...at least not from East Tn...what is Science Hill's weakness, if any? Morristown East is loaded with talent and could very easy make a run in the region...they seem to play as a different team in the postseason. It is likely that West and SH will meet again...but Mo West has zero shot against Science Hill. I have not seen Science Hill this year...but that will change friday when the lady eagles go there for region round 1. On the other hand, I have seen Mo West play, plenty this year...and If you guard the perimeter against them, they lose their bread and butter. They have a good three point shooter in Potts, BUT...that is the ONLY thing she can do. She doesn't handle the ball well, and she can't knock down the three ball unless she is all alone. If a team takes away their outside, they are done. Simmerly is overrated at the post, and gets out hustled by most other teams. Jeff County will be a tough out, tougher than people give them credit for. They do their jobs well on the floor, and they have hustle players at every position, and can get it down the floor quick with Dotson and the other guard. Seymour can play with Science Hill, IF they don't go in with their heads down from the beginning and stay composed. I do think Science Hill wins, but I think Seymour can keep it close for the first half. Let's fill up the tank and head to the Hill. Good luck to everyone in regionals. This will be my final posting, as my sister will graduate this year and I'll no longer have a dog in the fight. I've enjoyed every minute of it, and I want to congratulate her on being an all conference pick this year in the IMAC. #20 Lexi Justus, Seymour Lady Eagles.                Potts must have been "all alone" 5 times since she had 5 threes against SH.  Jecca Simerly, although playing less than half the game and fouling out had nine rebounds, two steals and two blocks. Pretty good for someone who can't hustle. Haylea Seals scored 10 points in the fourth quarter including six for six big ones at the free throw line plus as their defensive stopper held Gregory scoreless.   Sh was without their point guard but so was Mo West.        No chance huh!!!! Mo West 53   SH 42.   

GO LADY EAGLES!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

France out is one name which so that is the first. I bet there will be more when all dust has settled. I have heard of players moving from some of the big schools to smaller and vice versa. One big time player may be on the move but want to see if it really happens, she is from Boone but I won't say her name in case it doesn't happen. Talked with her dad and it is a possibility.

Edited by TommyMan37604