Brentwood @ Franklin

youthsportsPIX

This is a pivotal game for both squads.

A win for Franklin validates the 6-0 start, and then the hype and momentum is for real.

A win for Brentwood is the beginning of a big comeback in district play.

This game will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes, denies the big play, and wins the special teams battle. We all know that this game will bring out the best in both teams, so it will come down to the little things.

With that said, I am taking Franklin at home. 21 - 17

I'm very surprised there is not more chatter surrounding this historic rivalry. Ever since Brentwood football really started rolling in the early 90's this thing has always been a slugfest, with Brentwood basically dominating in the recent years. It is interesting to see both of these teams opponents combined records. Brentwoods opponents are 24-10 and Franklins are 11-18. So, yeah it's fair to say that Brentwood has played much tougher competition, but don't forget.....Franklin has won all their games, Brentwood has beaten a team that is 0-6 (which Franklin also beat) and 4-2.

Regardless, throw out the records and anything else, this should be an amazing game regardless.

If Franklin plays with confidence and a realistic perspective of themselves, instead of reading too far in to 5-0, should be able to win this game. Have people started saving seats yet for the game tomorrow?

I really think that CoachT has lost it's appeal as a voice-board for opinions, smack talk, and controversial topics. I remember a time when a big game harvested 10+ pages worth of posts, but it seems that time has passed.

I agree, and I think it is largely because of Twitter. I don't have a Twitter account, but from what I hear, the students get on there to do quite a bit of smack talk.