12A Basketball

RedTang

A little early but since basketball practice will be starting up here soon and the season will be here before you know it, whiy not.  How are all the teams looking this year?

Loretto lost three starters,  all good ball players.  This years team will have one senior and several juniors and sophomores.  Loretto should have good height as we have a several at 6'4" and a sophomore at 6'7".  Loretto will have a good rounded team with an inside and outside presence.    Point guard is a good ball handler and can also hit a shot when needed.  Will be good to see the team in action and see what we actually have.  All looks good on paper but will it transfer over onto the floor remains to be seen.

I am assuming Collinwood will be the team to beat again this year.  Perry County lost some really great talent, and Summertown did as well by losing the big guy in the middle.  Wayne County lost some good players and still have a really good point gaurd.  Not sure on what Frank Hughs has coming back.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about Montgomery but expect them to be the team to beat in the district.

Collinwood should be the team to beat .  They have almost everyone back.  Montgomery was district MVP last year and with W. Pigg, T. Roberson, P. Risner, K. Ray, A. Littlejohn and others they should be very hard to beat. 

Wayne County has S. Ray, K. Kelly, J.Bevis (returning starters) with I. Powell, C. Camfield, T. Brown, and they will have several younger guys play as well.  Freshman B. Bevis, Preston Rice (starter in camp) and D. Mathis will play big parts this year.  WC could add big man Daniel Devers to the team who has moved back to town. 

Stown has several players back as well.  They have Luke Scott (All District) T. McGill (injured last year) Perry and a few other players (guard) that their names are not coming to mind.  Stown should be better as well.

Edited by WCHSGRAD

• i heard that Montogmery was okay.  Not sure on that but that is what I was told.

Hey RedTang, do you have any idea where i may find a full Mustang Basketball schedue? I've looked all over this thing called the internet and can't seem to find one that has them all on it. Bits and pieces of different teams but never all on the same one.

Nov 19 @  Richland

Nov 25 @  Lawrence Co.

Dec 6        Frank Hughes

Dec 10      Perry Co.

Dec 13 @ Collinwood

Dec 16 @ Brooks

Jan 2         Lawrence Co.

Jan 7         Rogers

Jan 10 @  Summertown

Jan 13 @  Rogers

Jan 14       Wayne Co.

Jan 17       Collinwood

Jan 21 @  Frank Hughes

Jan 24 @  Perry Co.

Jan 27      Brooks

Jan 28      Summertown

Jan 31 @ Wayne Co.

Feb 3  @ Santa Fe

Feb 4      Richland

So how is Perry Co. looking this year? 

Nov 19 @  Richland

Nov 25 @  Lawrence Co.

Dec 6        Frank Hughes

Dec 10      Perry Co.

Dec 13 @ Collinwood

Dec 16 @ Brooks

Jan 2         Lawrence Co.

Jan 7         Rogers

Jan 10 @  Summertown

Jan 13 @  Rogers

Jan 14       Wayne Co.

Jan 17       Collinwood

Jan 21 @  Frank Hughes

Jan 24 @  Perry Co.

Jan 27      Brooks

Jan 28      Summertown

Jan 31 @ Wayne Co.

Feb 3  @ Santa Fe

Feb 4      Richland

So how is Perry Co. looking this year? 

We will probably be around the same at least that's what my nephew says. There's a Junior that's six foot seven that has a lot of potential and has dropped about thirty pounds so hopefully our height will give us a advantage. Our guard play will be decent but not real sure how good ball handling wise they are. Hopefully it'll be a good and injury free year for everyone in District twelve A

• 3 weeks later...

Perry County came out and really did great against a very good Houston County team. Won 50-49. The Vikings will get better and they have ALOT of depth and they so very good rebounders and we're pretty quick and we got a couple shooters that can light it up. We have a 6'4 post that is playing for the first time since middle school. Linden was rocking tonight and Houston County seemed like they made everything they threw up and the Vikings went cold in the 1st quarter and 4th but the 2nd and 3rd we looked very good. I'm not saying we're going to be like we were a few years ago, but this team has very good potential and hopefully they will only get better.